Search results

  1. WTT Champions Macao 2026, 9/8-13

    I do sometimes forget despite watching it live that Hirano won the only World Cup where the Chinese didnt play. But as for accomplishments while the degree of difficulty of what Hirano did at 17 wad unmatched, the fact it never returned makes it feel a bit like a fluke but that is probably the...
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So I have been thinking really hard about how to improve my forehand ro backhand transition during matches. I realized that one major problem is where my racket sits during the ready position , it is far to close to my body I think which makes it a significant movement to go for the forehand...
  3. WTT Champions Macao 2026, 9/8-13

    None of these arguments are older than your tired arguments around these issues which you repeatedly bring up when a player you don't like is related. WYD is weak, she devalued medals etc. Let us see how ML's pick of Harimoto ages. After all, it is not like ML can't be wrong on the basis of...
  4. WTT Champions Macao 2026, 9/8-13

    It's an open question about choking - can you generally choke to a higher ranked or more established player? Yes but most of the time I am not convinced. That's my broad defense of Lin Gaoyuan, the moat legendary choker of all time.
  5. WTT Champions Macao 2026, 9/8-13

    We can agree to disagree, in the face of binary results even with different underlying scores, the paths taken to victory are not obvious and calling risk taking of a certain kind a choke doesn't realistically grapple with the dilemma. It is hard to choke to a player who beats you every time if...
  6. WTT Champions Macao 2026, 9/8-13

    Giving up is the outside appearance, he can speak for himself. Honestly when your game is not working but you are trying to win, there is a fine line between looking like you have given up and trying to stay engaged when you are getting no positive feedback. Thats why I stress that the...
  7. WTT Champions Macao 2026, 9/8-13

    Finally someone decided losing 0-3 was not thr way to go!
  8. WTT Champions Macao 2026, 9/8-13

    W Hen he plays someone he has never beaten before who knows how to handle his offspeed shots, he gives up after he can't find a way in. Completely reasonable though, so far these players have been rare and extremely strong (higher ranked than he is).
  9. WTT Champions Macao 2026, 9/8-13

    Three absolute duds so far. The winners have made it completely uninteresting...
  10. WTT Champions Macao 2026, 9/8-13

    This second round and quarter final draw has some serious box office potential. That said, only if the players figure out how to make it interesting against their nemesis opponents... Have Sora and Hugo played before? Struggling to remember.... the answer must be no...
  11. WTT Champions Macao 2026, 9/8-13

    I will be flying and I susoect my flight wont have WIFI so I will catch the results late. Good luck to Gauzy he definitely needs it lol... at least he has been in the top 10 before. Togami needs to get there or table tennis won't make sense.
  12. WTT Champions Macao 2026, 9/8-13

    Not at all, sometimes, it is important to remind people that they do not have a monopoly on facts or perspectives. You are qualified, though I suspect the subject matter is not appropriate for the forum. May the force br with you if you are a force for good, not evil....
  13. Franziska using Viscaria Super ALC in WTT Macao?

    Not just his league matches... but i could be wrong... he and Groth both used it as their main blade for a while. While this could be temporary, I wouldn't be surprised if this is Franziska just looking for something based on what he has seen around. That's how we all test equipment
  14. Sabine Winter switches to antispin

    Of course. No one is doubting that. But Sabine is older (33) and her level also varies because of the amount of forehand she has to play. Bernie did a lot of things extremely well, the moat obvious one being that ahe played her backhand down the line a lot to avoid the trap of exchanging...
  15. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    This needs to be pinned to a wall for some players to read. Before you raise your risk level (power, etc.), you raise your average level so you have a better platform to select taking risks out of.
  16. Sabine Winter switches to antispin

    It's a good win for Bernadette. I watched the match and Bernie served short exclusively in the last game which gave her her best result. While I have no doubt that part of this came out of a resolution and a conversation with her coach (and I am sure Sabine to some degree missed hers), I would...
  17. WTT Champions Macao 2026, 9/8-13

    Assuming your interptetation is right, remind us again, how many medals in WTTC singles do Mizutani and S. Hirano have? Again as others have pointed out WYD was the defending bronze medalist in that match against Hina. Hina defeated her to replace her as the bronze medalist. Again other than...
  18. Franziska using Viscaria Super ALC in WTT Macao?

    Everyone needs more speed - except me lol...
  19. WTT Champions Macao 2026, 9/8-13

    So did Hirano and Hayata break Wang Yidi or was Wang Yidi invisibly broken lol? It seems like a Rorschach test lol...
  20. WTT Champions Macao 2026, 9/8-13

    Both of you have it wrong. Meshref has always had a style that troubled the Chinese because of her lefty spin. Her first match vs Wang Manyu had 3 deuces or somethijg like that. When Doo Hoi Kem beats Wang Yidi, we can revisit.
Top