Search results

  1. WTT Star Contender Doha 2026 Jan 13-18

    I dont think Dima has ever beaten Zhou Qihao. Dima fights hard but he knows when his opponent is playing higher level TT. ZQH wasn't far from it.
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Getting so coaching again would help resolve some of this. You are right though, maybe I should just get video and start doing some of the hard work myself. And use spinsight.
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So my coach has been trying to get me to use my wrist on my backhand better and shorten it but between travelling for Christmas and working on Zyrre and the holidays, I havent had much time to train and I have had no coaching for a while. Saw my coach on MLTT today and smiled. But I have to...
  4. Calderano Signs with Joola (#139)

    He has played all wood this whole event. Matt gave his theory (Vitor Ishiy uses the blade so Hugo probably tried it, felt it worked and then got whatever he could to play with from Joola). It will be interesting if it sticks to have a top player playing with Wood again. But it is also obvious...
  5. Calderano Signs with Joola (#139)

    One could argue that he is getting the non-sponsor blades through a teammate or a national team contract. Just playing devil's advocate.
  6. Calderano Signs with Joola (#139)

    Please post in English. Your post translates to: "The highest EU buildings in the world are in Brazil." Please let me know if you have any problems complying, thank you.
  7. Calderano Signs with Joola (#139)

    I am naive enough to believe a version of it. Blades are only one part of the racket process in table tennis and I have no problem believing that blades that some top pros use are pretty similar to what you can buy in the store, only with a spec sheet of preferences that a specific pro might...
  8. Technique correction - Trying to Fix my FH backstroke + hitting through the sponge

    The most valuable lessons one can get from a coach are forehand return lessons, and looping long serves lessons. Unfortunately they are undervalued and people focus too much on rally looping. Based on your seeding, it seems like you had a good tournament. You just focused on the things you...
  9. Technique correction - Trying to Fix my FH backstroke + hitting through the sponge

    Thanks. At least you have shared video (you really should share quite a bit more) so @Zezima can try and understand your comments based on how you play. Thanks for sharing.
  10. Technique correction - Trying to Fix my FH backstroke + hitting through the sponge

    Thanks for posting. Since this is @Zezima 's thread, you can open your own. You could definitely squat much more on the backhand topspin and since I can't see the ball feed, I am not sure what you are working on. Your game looks good, but I suspect you have been playing for years (how many...
  11. Technique correction - Trying to Fix my FH backstroke + hitting through the sponge

    Guys, please ease on the comments if you are not all willing to post your own videos with your own loop out there. I know Zezima can handle himself and is open to commentary of all kinds but this behavior of cutting down someone while not sharing your own struggles is not ehat this webboard is...
  12. WTT Star Contender Doha 2026 Jan 13-18

    Everyone goes through cycles. The current ranking system mighr penalize you slightly more but it is easy to forgot when Dima and Bolll go through stuff. Even Lin Shidong is going through stuff now. FZD went through stuff in 2019 and 2020. Ma Long had tough year in 2018 and even part of 2019...
  13. WTT Star Contender Doha 2026 Jan 13-18

    How so? Those ladies played feeder level because of the current ittf/wtt system not their playing level. Joo used to be a Chinese national team member who defected to Korea. Shibata and Sato were Japanese national team members in the 2010s and have always hovered close to that level but just...
  14. Calderano Signs with Joola (#139)

    Very funny. I am going tell this story to my children. Different from what? Still looks like a Xylo 7 to me....
  15. WTT Star Contender Doha 2026 Jan 13-18

    Lots of eye opening January results. The Top16 Cups are going to be interesting for sure. A month ago you would have bet on Felix and Truls. Probably still the right bet but not so sure anymore. For some reason Duda fans have gone silent. I hope he finds his form.
  16. Calderano Signs with Joola (#139)

    It really funny how naive perception about athletes is so different from what actually happens when you understand or onow how they are interacting with each other. Fan: I want to buy Hugo's blade because he is so good with it. Hugo: I am not even sure Hugo's blade is the best i can do - Gauzy...
  17. Calderano Signs with Joola (#139)

    He can't use his Xiom racket with new handles and then have Joola make clones?
  18. WTT Star Contender Doha 2026 Jan 13-18

    Xiang: Let's play table tennis. Gauzy: Let's play badminton! Xiang: I said table tennis.... Gauzy: Forget the table Let's play tennis! Xiang: I need to figure this out.. Gauzy: Just play tennis... it is fun... and good for me!
  19. WTT Star Contender Doha 2026 Jan 13-18

    I agree on Sato but I expected 3-0. Kuai Man still has a lot of work to be convincing vs chop at the highest level. She still relies a lot on counters and misdirection to win against attackers and against choppers, the deception is good, but they don't stay close enough to the table for what...
  20. WTT Star Contender Doha 2026 Jan 13-18

    Yeah, maybe Lin is juat doing what they do.
Top