Search results

  1. Tony has been banned and won't return

    I will note a few things. I never made beating Tony a priority until 1 month in August, where I felt I had a high number of posts and decided to see what would happen if I tried to do it (all in the name of fun). Tony also noticed and increased his volume of posting and brought attention...
  2. Tony has been banned and won't return

    Tony was banned for 48 hours by myself. I moderated a few posts in a thread discussing the XTWC and we disagreed over how they were being handled. I asked him to PM me or other moderators directly rather than make it a public issue on the forum or I would ban him and he refused to do so...
  3. Strong forehand but weak backhand

    I likened you to the greatest contemporary TT coach of all time and all you can think about is that he used pips when he played? Come on lol.... You prefer Gozo Hao? Liu Gozozheng? Gozo Rosskopf? Coaches who used inverted but didn't win as much?
  4. Calderano Signs with Joola (#139)

    It's generally not hard enough for someone who likes to hit really hard. Everyone does it a little differently to be fair.
  5. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2025, Chengdu, 11/30-12/7

    If we are looking for reasons to be excited about Japan vs China tomorrow, then we can note that Japan beat Germany 8-3 while China beat Germany 8-4. China beat Korea 8-0, Japan beat Korea 8-2. But will tomorrow's match be close or not? The funny thing is that we might get two matches in...
  6. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2025, Chengdu, 11/30-12/7

    Hasn't table 1 always had commentary and table 2 none? Or do you mean something else?
  7. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2025, Chengdu, 11/30-12/7

    Hayata-Togami vs Choi - Oh 6-2 to 6-11.... did they just stop playing?
  8. Calderano Signs with Joola (#139)

    The decisive factor is whether signing the athlete will lead to more sales and whether the cost of signing him is worth it in extra sales. Hugo would give them a stranglehold on marketing in South America and more broadly Pan America. When we look at it, they have Fan Zhendong, Harimoto, Qiu...
  9. Andy Fastow - former CFO of Enron

    I dont know if this is any more than a conspiracy theory. But Fastow did time in jail, tried to help recoup some investors losses and just talks about the nature of why he initially thought what he did was defensible (it was approved by everyone he worked with, legal, auditors etc) and how his...
  10. Andy Fastow - former CFO of Enron

    I think this ia the best default way to keep recent discussions top of mind while making other things searchable. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a way to get this view at the forum whose presentation you didnt like. The problem is not making it the default because it makes it harder to...
  11. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2025, Chengdu, 11/30-12/7

    Am I the only one experiencing problems witn the website and the YouTube transmission?
  12. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2025, Chengdu, 11/30-12/7

    I do, they granted a lot of weight to history and subjective weighting criteria. I have argued for a while that the match that most clearly cost Franziska the Olympic spot was his performance against KCJ at the World Team Champs match between Germany and Taiwan/Chinese Taipei. That gave room...
  13. Andy Fastow - former CFO of Enron

    We actually have a forum for things completely unrelated to table tennis. Thats part of the reason why I posted this there. Most people do not care for its existence but it does exist.
  14. Strong forehand but weak backhand

    Liu Gozoliang is the best coach!
  15. Andy Fastow - former CFO of Enron

    I think he would agree with you if moral qualification requires having done mostly good things and no irresponsibly bad things in your business past. What I find interesting is how he discusses the use of "rules" to absolve yourself of responsibility for evaluating risk and reality. If...
  16. Dignics 64 vs Dignics 05

    I was never really into D05, I found it a bit too slow (high arc) and spin sensitive for my tastes. Vs D80, Zyre is a bit of a different animal, the contact time is short, but the spin is higher than D80 with the right contact and the speed is about the same or higher as well. The thing with...
  17. Dignics 64 vs Dignics 05

    D05 definitely requires somewhat active play for blocking because of the way the pips are oriented, D80 and D64 are improvements in that regard, and for me, that is the biggest reason I am comfortable with D80 vs D05, I am not good enough to read spin and change my angle all the time.
  18. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2025, Chengdu, 11/30-12/7

    Right now I am trying to figure out whether any team can make China sweat a little. Is there a more secure way of keeping China's team dominance than combining men's and women's teams?
  19. Tenergy 19 vs Dignics 80/64 For Backhand

    I know someone who used D64 on forehand, he was more of a smasher though he did loop backspin. On slow spinning loops and counters, I could not tell the difference. But the main thing was that when he smashed, he got a quick ball through the table since the feeling and topsheet were...
  20. Andy Fastow - former CFO of Enron

    EDIT: This post is partly a reminder that we have an off-topic section that facilitates quite a few topics. I know most of our discussions on this forum are TT related and most threads not related to TT will get no interaction. But it is a reminder that this is possible and can be used if...
Top