Search results

  1. WTT Champions Macao 2025 - 9-14 Sep 2025

    You got me lol. Fair response.
  2. Tony's Table Tennis Agency - Pro League, Pro Training, Pro everything.

    The decided to play games 4 and 5 without stopping lol....
  3. I need a clear answer, when receiving, when does the ball has LESS spin? Off the bounce? Or after it reached its apex?

    Don't blame players who were coached from a young age too much, you believe almost everything you hear from the authorities you trust while growing up. Very few traditions would survive otherwise.
  4. I need a clear answer, when receiving, when does the ball has LESS spin? Off the bounce? Or after it reached its apex?

    The technique works so he can say anything he wants but you are being too charitable here. It is easier to lift a falling ball and the contact points after the peak are more forgiving to certain swings. Describing that as "less spin " is not insightful.
  5. I need a clear answer, when receiving, when does the ball has LESS spin? Off the bounce? Or after it reached its apex?

    The banana had an upward element it is hard to add topspin to a ball that isnt falling. There are many reasons to adapt or take the ball earlier or later but less spin is a confusing way of communicating any of them.
  6. I need a clear answer, when receiving, when does the ball has LESS spin? Off the bounce? Or after it reached its apex?

    You can give charitable interpretations for sure. While i don't think this gets to the point, the main thing is they know human beings usually need reasons for what they do, so they are trying to provide one they may have heard from someone else or come uo with themselves, but its objective...
  7. WTT Contender Almaty 2025 Sep 2-7

    The sad part is that it's taking Honoka's initiative to get out what many people could see should have been executed upon at least last year after the WTT finals. The good part is that something is happening, hoping it will yield fruit for LA 2028.
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    What I mean is when playing the correct technique, don't focus only on powerful offensive shots, play at all gears from 1 to 4/5, spending most of the your shots on gears 3/4, but making sure you also know how to rally at gears 1/2 while still playing offensive shots. Many people don't know...
  9. WTT Champions Macao 2025 - 9-14 Sep 2025

    If it was the collision that caused the injury then that was likely a fracture, how they let him come back after that is crazy to me. But I thought it was something in the fall after. Hence my mistaken comments.
  10. I need a clear answer, when receiving, when does the ball has LESS spin? Off the bounce? Or after it reached its apex?

    The issue is more with your ability to understand what I am saying than anything I actually said. I said the statements and explanations based on the quantity of spin are useless fron a physics standpoint. The coaches are giving good technical advice but are explaining it with dubious physics...
  11. WTT Champions Macao 2025 - 9-14 Sep 2025

    Hopefully the strength and conditioning coaches can fix whatever the kid has because that looks like something that shouldn't have caused an injury. Would be a shame for us to lose a talent at this level if it is preventable with better physical training. But it is possible he has something...
  12. WTT Champions Macao 2025 - 9-14 Sep 2025

    I hope @joshmak10 doesn't give up on Huang because of the loss to Quadri. The young shall grow and the old shall slow...
  13. WTT Champions Macao 2025 - 9-14 Sep 2025

    Hugo has shown this ability a lot and I think it is often a disservice to the opponent to make this largely about them. Hugo plays more aggressive when he is down a lot and it takes more to disrupt him. An has also never beaten Hugo so it becomes harder ro think about it when you are down by...
  14. WTT Champions Macao 2025 - 9-14 Sep 2025

    Not at all, the match just flipped on narrow margins and I think 10-4 in the decider made Shin relax and then she won 5 points in a row and lost a good match point where Odo realized aggression was the only way. All the games were by minimum margin so these players are as closely matched as...
  15. Do you prepare more than one racket for league matches / tournaments?

    Top pros glue and reglue a lot because of their frequency of using rackets in training and water based glue affects the rackets over time. The considerations that lead to their choices and decisions are very different from how we amateurs usually think based on our training regimen and cost...
  16. I need a clear answer, when receiving, when does the ball has LESS spin? Off the bounce? Or after it reached its apex?

    You don't understand my point so let me explain it again, hppefully better. Some coaches might say something like wait for the ball to drop because the spin is less and you can attack more easily. Or counterspin later because the spin is less. My point is none of those things are really about...
  17. WTT Champions Macao 2025 - 9-14 Sep 2025

    Oh, Youtube commenters have explained that Wen got injured playing in CSL (against XX I suspect given your comments).
  18. WTT Champions Macao 2025 - 9-14 Sep 2025

    An's backhand is so improved... but improvement means nothing to Hugo... What did XX do?
  19. WTT Champions Macao 2025 - 9-14 Sep 2025

    Thankfully, Sreeja isn't Japanese or Chinese - I am sure there is toxic fandom in India as well, but I guess it won't be as bad as a Chinese or Japanese losing the first round of Champions every time...
  20. WTT Contender Almaty 2025 Sep 2-7

    Wow... looks like Tieba fans are everywhere lol:
Top