Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Landing balls deep is good but don't get too enamored with it if you can't land 50 loops in a row against basic block under pressure - too many players get enamored with what happens when their loops go right and don't have backup for when their loops are not landing beyond defaulting to lame...
  2. I need a clear answer, when receiving, when does the ball has LESS spin? Off the bounce? Or after it reached its apex?

    People make all kinds of statements about the physics of table tennis that are really comments on their experience of how difficult it is to do things with balls at certain points in the travel trajectory and are far less about physics. That's why I laugh at where you are coming from, these...
  3. WTT Champions Macao 2025 - 9-14 Sep 2025

    Goals keep you going whether you achieve them is not entirely about you...
  4. WTT Champions Macao 2025 - 9-14 Sep 2025

    I think in the end, it was good for Honoka. She played Almaty and won, and she beat He Zhuojia, a traditional problem opponent for her. She might have gotten to play Sun Yingsha and Wang Manyu at the Champions but I don't think the value in ranking points or personal belief would have been as...
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Participated in a team event that was locally hosted. It had golden scoring and best of 3 matches, 9 matches, 3 doubles, 6 singles for a first to 14 games. It was double elimination and my team won our first match but lost our next two. Too much work, too little time. But I think I see...
  6. WTT Champions Macao 2025 - 9-14 Sep 2025

    I thought since Ito was an Olympic gold medallist that Japan would get an extra spot. Or they got one and Hashimoto still didn't fit?
  7. WTT Contender Almaty 2025 Sep 2-7

    Waiting for the Tieba crowd to say it was only Zhou Qihao etc. ..
  8. WTT Contender Almaty 2025 Sep 2-7

    Congrats to Shunsuke Togami! Finally!
  9. WTT Contender Almaty 2025 Sep 2-7

    Togami defending lol....
  10. WTT Contender Almaty 2025 Sep 2-7

    3-2 6-1 to 3-2 6-7... Togami doesnt want you to celebrate, he wants you to have a heart attack...
  11. WTT Contender Almaty 2025 Sep 2-7

    Now it is 2-2. Can Togami put the ball on the table just one more time than his opponent? Even at the pro level, hitting winners is sometimes overrated....
  12. WTT Contender Almaty 2025 Sep 2-7

    Zyre - playing with fire...
  13. WTT Contender Almaty 2025 Sep 2-7

    Zhou is fighting through it. The problem with playing this fast is what happens when the misses pile up. Does Togami have a good lower gear?
  14. WTT Contender Almaty 2025 Sep 2-7

    Togami is hitting the ball so hard the opponent needs to get the first attack. It is unusual for Zhou to survive such.... but he is trying ideas for sure. 2-0 now.
  15. WTT Contender Almaty 2025 Sep 2-7

    Ninja table tennis is in the building!
  16. WTT Contender Almaty 2025 Sep 2-7

    I think the issues are more than that, I think Saro also uses traditional LP though i could be wrong. You need variation to keep these attackers off you you need variation
  17. WTT Contender Almaty 2025 Sep 2-7

    I think they will need to bring out a Sun Yingsha Wang Manyu pairing. They really should let these chopping ladies try for LA 2028
  18. WTT Contender Almaty 2025 Sep 2-7

    Best of seven i think helps him, his opponent has been on form for a while now so Togami really needs help.
  19. WTT Contender Almaty 2025 Sep 2-7

    Doubles is interesting. Matsushima killed Yuan Licen. Few would argue that Yogami and Xu are not on the same level. Yet this doubles match is consistently being won by the pairing of "worse players"
  20. WTT Contender Almaty 2025 Sep 2-7

    Am I the only one who forgets why Yuan Licen is a CNTvplayer until I watch matches like this?
Top