Search results

  1. WTT Contender Almaty 2025 Sep 2-7

    She has more time ans she is actually the close to the table forehand finisher amongst the two. But no, it is not just you, many people think Sato is the more aggressive player in the pairing.
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    It's something my coach was trying to get me to do more before summer, for me my grip choice is very amateurish, it is designed to give me the ability to play many shots decently without massive grip transitions. I would probably need to do more of a grip switch to get a more visible wrist...
  3. German league TTBL 2025-26

    DHS is still invested in selling his rubbers lol. WTT venues usually do use different tables and to a lesser degree balls but those are usually advertised ahead of time in the tournament prospectus. Some series/events do use similar stuff as part of any contractual arrangement but there is...
  4. WTT Contender Almaty 2025 Sep 2-7

    Good luck. I competed last month but I almost never do, i tend to focus on what I enjoy (tournaments, my use of equipment, my play). I wanted to see whether your contributions were truly organic or whether you were trying to game the system to get a result. And I saw that you were gaming the...
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Try to spin the heck out of the ball, even if it goes very slow. Get those spin trainers from Amazon or Aliexpres. Getting good spin usually implies a whipping process that rewards many aspects of your game. Also backhand opener is mostly for push returns off half long or short serves, it is...
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Opening vs backspin is the foundation of my game, as is backhand play, my forehand is mostly serviceable to keep some balance. You find that if you can generate decent backspin and open against it, you have a window into beating just about every player who doesn’t counterloop, even players who...
  7. German league TTBL 2025-26

    If you listen to an old TTD podcast with Freitas, Freitas said coaches are often not helpful (I think he has gone as far as to call coaching useless on some occasions but since the source is not around, I won't over stress it). Now the Chinese do a lot of analysis on players and opponents and...
  8. German league TTBL 2025-26

    That's the simple explanation, but it also is another way of saying we don't really know if we have to chalk it up to many differences. How long will those differences last? If he plays longer in the league, which of those things will no longer remain a difference when he is doing well? If...
  9. WTT Contender Almaty 2025 Sep 2-7

    It's interesting, I can't control the Mizutani Super ZLC and I know quite a few players who stepped down from the Mizutani Super ZLC to the regular Mizutani and others who have no interest in switching. I agree though that other than the Mizutani SZLC, I see more SZLC around. I haven't checked...
  10. German league TTBL 2025-26

    We don't have enough information to answer that question - too many variables and we don't have any accounts of his experiences/struggles. After he has played a lot more and discussed his performance more, we will have a better answer.
  11. WTT Contender Almaty 2025 Sep 2-7

    You think they have all dumped their Innerforce ZLCs and Mizutanis?
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    It's a sport center in Myrtle Beach that hosts many different sports, tables and flooring were brought in just to make it better for table tennis. https://www.visitmyrtlebeach.com/sports/myrtle-beach-sports-center
  13. German league TTBL 2025-26

    I said after last week, nothing is surprising. I give up.
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Here are the other two Broward boys - my last shares from the tournament... would probably not share the injured chopper's match but I link to my best shot of the match lol... the 2300+ player watching asked whether I had anti on backhand after I did the shot lol...
  15. German league TTBL 2025-26

    So Ruiz (2470) beat FZD, but Bertelsmeier (2480) takes 1 game and stays within 2 point margin in all games and we are supposed to be surprised right?
  16. German league TTBL 2025-26

    Bertelsmeier is on first German national team (Duda, Dang, Dima, Franziska, Bertelsmeier, Walther) . I would take him over Ruiz, though Ruiz has a quirkier game. My point here is that after FZD lost to Ruiz (and Duda), Bertelsmeier getting this result is hardly a surprise after last week...
  17. WTT Contender Almaty 2025 Sep 2-7

    Some people thought there was money for being the top contributor in the month and did everything they could to win it some months. Then they learned I was insane lol.
  18. German league TTBL 2025-26

    Duda beat FZD. This form isn't that different from last week to be honest. The result is just better.
  19. German league TTBL 2025-26

    After last week???
  20. German league TTBL 2025-26

    That said, the opposition here is not as dangerous, though that might be slightly subjective. Duda and Ruiz over Bertelsmeier and Zeljko any day for me (and I am a fan of Bertelsmeier).
Top