Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I used to pop salt tabs before playing soccer. thanks for the friendly reminder to start adding this to my TT routine. I thankfully do not really suffer cramps but the salt tabs do help with the hydration and feeling good a lot.
  2. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    I'm definitely not taking away from Cho D at all. I haven't seen the match.....but it just seems like Hugo is getting "upset" in nearly every tournament.
  3. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    Hugo has to be the most disappointing TT player in the past year or so. just goes to show how close these top players in TT really are..which makes the chinese dominance all the more impressive.
  4. Hello from California!

    oh man.. my cousins who grew up in alameda had a strict rule- unless you can actually see the physical bay, you're not in the bay area. I'm not as strict, but i m 100% not in the bay area even though i am easily within driving distance. The Sacramento valley is its own unique culture and...
  5. Hello from California!

    woah woah woah...i'm in the valley baby!! haha. about 90 minutes north of SF.
  6. Need help with DHS Hurricane 3

    #6.....this is the way. H3N is a counterlooping beast. As long as you swing was through the ball, you take any incoming topspin and return it with interest.
  7. Need help with DHS Hurricane 3

    I saw the TSOS retiring one of his old rubbers last tuesday. most have been 2 years old if i had to guess.
  8. Need help with DHS Hurricane 3

    I came from using tenergy 05/19 for nearly two years. I am now using the latest version of the h3n. it's about the same level of tack as the dignics 09c, at least by appearance. this hurricane rubber works very well for me. I am able to loop all sorts shots that come in with varying amounts of...
  9. Everything about WCQ

    he keeps his fingernails freakishly long. makes it hard for me to root for him lol.
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    eliminating that excess wrist motion (thanks to you) improved my backhand tenfold in literally 30 minutes. still a lot of work to do though....like focusing on the impact zone and timing. hopefully i can get a bh loop going sometime this year.
  11. what's #1 robot drill to break 1500 US rating?

    I'm jealous! You can do all kinds of spin variations with that robot. i'm stuck to one type of spin per drill, so i focus a lot on footwork drills..and drills that let me practice my Forehand to backhand transitions.
  12. what's #1 robot drill to break 1500 US rating?

    What kind of robot do you have? I have a newgy 2055. I spend a lot of time doing drill #9, 10 and 28. pg 22 and 24 https://shop.sport-schreiner-tischtennis.de/media/pdf/7f/2c/77/donic-robopong_1055_2055_engl_owners_manual.pdf
  13. DHS fans unite!

    played a match with the DHS ball last night. really enjoyed it. felt slightly harder and more round than our normal club nittaku balls. I didn't look closely enough to see if it was the DJ40 though. Are those the top of the line DHS balls?
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    True true. Plus we live in california so it makes it doubly hard to afford a good quality of life. i am in management now too and thankfully its flexible, but almost all of my flexibility in my day job has been given to my side hustles to pay the mortgage...and for the PING PONG PARADISE!!!
  15. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    You are a generous man for helping Daniel. I have also been on the receiving end of that generosity, thankfully! Per your question with Albert- I'm beating him in 80% of the rallys now. His only advantage is his serve these days, but so long as i take a step back, stay low, i am getting a...
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    well screw me for having a day job LOL. Soon the Ping Pong Paradise will be in action....you're E bike will get some drain some battery coming over to train with me! Daniel is solid. Needs to learn better serve variation though. I beat him 3-0 a couple times because he served short every time...
  17. Eugene vs 2200 player

    That is crazy that the university doesn't at least give you a parking pass for coaching their team. or a food court stipend? lol. Meanwhile the president is banking half a mil a year easily. yikes. BTW- how long is the college table tennis season? i'd love to go out and give those boys a run...
Top