Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Man that is awesome. I read the thread lol. The pictures you loaded aren't there anymore. Can you reload them here? I'm always interested in seeing other TT facilities.
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    That is awesome. Did you take advantage of the free tip to Europe? You're right...i have time. this new promotion is going to make a big difference.
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    lol yeah my plan is to buy a 15 year old well-maintained honda/toyota with cash. Kinda ruins my hopes of a "free" trip to europe though but definitely makes the down payment and powerpong omega more realistic.
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    that's a pretty neat program. Now i just need to save up 20% for a downpayment on a house, 40k for a volvo, 1.5k for a power pong omega and i think i'll be pretty content with life. lol.
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    love coach To Duc!
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Hey man how can i convince my wife that it is in both of our interests to travel to the netherlands so i can play table tennis there?
  7. Life, Existence, and the Meaning of Long Pips - The Opus Maximus of James Z

    lol bro you are too much. I gave my definition of competing. You gave yours. Clearly we have different definitions. We are arguing SEMANTICS since we cannot agree on a definition of competing. Maybe this would make it easier for you to understand. Take the game of chess. There are lots of...
  8. Life, Existence, and the Meaning of Long Pips - The Opus Maximus of James Z

    Our league is not even sanctioned. This player is not a USATT member, and I do not believe he has any intention of doing so. He "competes" to win his table.....but he's not competing in the way that I am (having an ultimate goal of 2000+ USATT, play in sanctioned tournaments.... and to...
  9. Life, Existence, and the Meaning of Long Pips - The Opus Maximus of James Z

    just to trash you? lol what are you talking about? I was responding to your post that said people cannot play this sport just for fun. I disagree. There is actually another player at our club...who is pretty damn good. rated about 1550. He is just playing for fun. I say this because he doesn't...
  10. Life, Existence, and the Meaning of Long Pips - The Opus Maximus of James Z

    lol. There's plenty of people that are playing for fun. Playing for fun is not mutually exclusive to playing for exercise. There's some old dude's at my club who don't move at all when they play. I hardly think they are exercising. They are literally just playing for fun.
  11. Any Power Pong robot users?

    pics??
  12. "wrapping" the ball.

    lol dude....this is not the end all comment of the thread :P
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    you're in Vietnam? you should go train with Ti Long! I wonder how much he charges?
  14. Life, Existence, and the Meaning of Long Pips - The Opus Maximus of James Z

    The best player at our club uses medium pips on his backhand. 2100 USATT rating (65 years old)
  15. How long would a regular/national DHS 3 last boosted and what's objectively the best booster?

    I can't speak for JJ but I know i have seen him say that his h3 lasts forever! lol. like over a year.
  16. "wrapping" the ball.

    wow! what an interested video with a close up super slow motion of the very evil long pips lol. I'm seeing even a slight traverse on just the bare wood.
  17. "wrapping" the ball.

    I am also thinking...from a purely energy transfer point of view....the reason follow through is so important is because when you follow through, you can actually gain an acceleration in speed through the whole stroke (which means you are accelerating up to and THROUGH the point of contact)...
  18. "wrapping" the ball.

    I am always curious about how long the ball actually stays on the rubber and how much it traverses the rubber on my shots. From a purely sports point of view, back swing and follow through 100% matter in determining the quality/placement of your shots. It's the same in all sports from soccer...
  19. Post your latest EJ purchase

    I used my buddy’s “signature ma long 5 “ blade last night just goofin around. I’m assuming that’s the w698? Not sure if it was provincial or national. He said he bought it for $400 in last Vegas at the nationals last year. Anyways, defintiely a big wooden feel with each head. You could feel the...
Top