Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    A part of me agrees with the attitude behind this. But for me, the reason I disagree with you Gozo is that you are too obsessed with speed for your playing level. Flextra I hoped would help you kick the habit as well as good coaching but all that has happened is that you want your speed back...
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Hmmm... I really need to put my blue sponge H3 on a blade... but maybe not... It's interesting, I just realized I haven't recorded myself since I started using H3 - maybe I am injuring myself lol - will look into it. More seriously, H3 has restored my confidence in the connection between mind...
  3. What books have helped you?

    This one helped me learn a lot of terms and has a lot of drills: https://www.amazon.com/Table-Tennis-Steps-Success-Sports/dp/0736077316
  4. Advice to improve my game.

    These are league matches and the league ratings are not tournament ratings. I would focus more on the improvement. See them as practice matches but with slightly more stakes depending on the community.
  5. Advice to improve my game.

    Your forehand has improved tremendously, you are now whipping into the ball much moee sharply. You have gotten better with everything and it shows. Backhand topspin can still get better but no rush and not necessary until you want to bring balance to the force. Well done!
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Pros also have adaptable strokes and usually it isn't the rally topspin stroke that is being solved for but the ability to attack out of and stay within the short game. That said, equipment changes that affect 100 pts have a real impact on what you play like in a match. I do believe that most...
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I know exactly what the problem is, I am talking about the things I have tried to make the feeling more similar. I am currently using a blade with innerforce design (CCF), but I sometimes switch to blades with outer force design ( I have a Mizutani Jun SZLC, Boll T5000 and even a Garaydia T5000...
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I played an unsanctioned event today. The tournament is usually bigger and fuller but it was still eventful. I played the U2000 and the Open. The U2000 was on an honors system but I lost to guy whose official rating is 2200 (they don't check so oh well ..) In the Open, I lost to a guy who...
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Feeling is important but it isn't everything and it is adaptable. The H3BS might be too fast for your Viscaria forehand. Maybe you need something harder or stickier? Or just not boosted? Don't let money be the factor here. Cheaper blades often play better than we realize. I have probably...
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Nice catch. That ball was so wide the young man wanted to pivot into your table so he could play thr ball round the net. That is why he is less than half my age. NL - the one who brings balance to the forehand and backhand sides of the force.
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Put the H3 on backhand as well and use whatever blade you prefer. My opinion is that while there is some feeling of vibration that comes with innerforce blades, tacky rubbers do thr same.thing and that once you have enough feeling in the blade ( and you can measure frequency to confirm the...
  12. Saudi Smash 2024

    I used to believe this but I don't anymore. I have seen enough to believe that the guys at the top of the German league (Calderano, Franziska, Jorgic, Kallberg, Dang etc.) all compare reasonably well with the top Chinese but they don't have the same exposure to the weaknesses of the Chinese to...
  13. Video Footage Safe Thread

    I don't know why but you don't play like someone who is connecting sequences of three to five shots. Not sure what is causing it, you keep playing one shot and get surprised when the ball comes back and it doesn't seem like you are set on a response. You do some good things to prepare for a...
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Hi, Gozo. It is a battle to defeat the demon of backspin. But I recommend that people do it with the slow spinny loop that goes of the net, most wrist and forearm activated, often short and high, preferably spinny. But just getting used to barely getting the ball over the net is worth it, even...
  15. Saudi Smash 2024

    Agreed, players like Jang, Franziska and Lebrun A. have the physical tools and playing level, they just need the exposure. I could even add Calderano and Jorgic to that list. But they need the exposure. It's just hard to beat someone lie WCQ seeing him only sporadically at tournaments even his...
  16. Saudi Smash 2024

    And after he had lost 3 games as well, during which he had learned something.
  17. Saudi Smash 2024

    He still holds against her the point controversy in the WTTC doubles final where they claimed an invisible let against Japan.
  18. Saudi Smash 2024

    He had clearly recovered to me, Wang Chuqin is a very tough opponent to play for the first time in a final, especially when they likely prepped him extensively after Fan lost. Thankfully it was best of seven so we got to see Franziska adapt because the levels are not that far apart. I have...
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I agree, I still do footwork drills with crappy knees. Use it or lose it is true no matter your physical state.
  20. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    It is cool, but so is rapid fire punch and spinny backhand topspin. And spinny backhand topspin ages well, forehand pivot not so much.
Top