Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The most important thing in my experience is to put two layers on rubber, one on blade, and to let the glue dry on both and then put the rubber on before cutting. This gives the best adhesion. Scissors I have always used, people who use razor blades I admire I think. I don't have that in me...
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Rubber changing and setup management is only an elaborate science if you make it so. As long as the glue job isn't terrible (not a good adhesion to blade), I can roll with even an aerosol can if necessary. Or nothing at all sometimes. I am just not good enough a player that these things make a...
  3. Nasty rubber setup, another great ERT video

    The more spin you generate, the more practice against long pips you require to loop twice. But there are a few variables, probably the biggest one is how short the pips blocker can keep the ball and how well you can push, because looping twice or more, if they keep the ball short, the push is...
  4. Nasty rubber setup, another great ERT video

    Sometimes the easy route to beating LP is to be able to loop twice. While they can turn heavy spin to heavy backspin, they often block it long too. It is a balancing act for sure.
  5. What's the worst blade you've ever used?

    Yes, as much as I love the Korbel, I think it is a bit outdated with the limba *and* the thickness, the Hadraw VK which was based on the Korbel Speed is a reasonable update, though a bit too thin, but the Koto outer ply is better for the ball rebound. I agree as you pointed out that 6.0mm...
  6. Nasty rubber setup, another great ERT video

    You mean he stole footage wholesale from another event without adding value and you are surprised that he likely got hit with a copyright strike? Seriously?
  7. What's the worst blade you've ever used?

    Nah, the YSE does have a dead zone for sure. But I thought it was slightly faster than say the Yasaka Sweden. But it is splitting hairs. But I wouldn't use those blades today I think, I think there are better ways to get to the same destination that using those blades was intended to get you to.
  8. What's the worst blade you've ever used?

    Yes, but his main point still stands that using 5 ply all wood blades with ALL+ speed and a rubber like Mercury 2 is sadistic. When I wrote my positive reviews, I was using T05 and Evolution MX-S.
  9. What's the worst blade you've ever used?

    Not at all, I used a lot of SPWs and played some great rallies with it, and I would *never* recommend it to anyone today. The build is just cheap and crappy, flexy neck which cracks over time as you hit the ball hard, as well as a hollow feeling that I am sure some like, but I didn't later...
  10. BB's thread about higher frequency blades being faster.

    For the record, and if you were reading his posts, you might have noticed this, he is a professional manufacturer of blades. He builds them for a living and uses his civil engineering background to inform his design analysis and choices. He has multiple posts on multiple forums advertising his...
  11. BB's thread about higher frequency blades being faster.

    There is a reason brokenball has been banned from every major TT forum he has joined and I hope the moderator team can see the difference between an expert who understands table tennis and the limitations of his insights and is addressing the questions with the goal of improving insight vs an...
  12. What's the worst blade you've ever used?

    I feel the same way when people talk about the Boll ALC or the Viscaria. The Yasaka Extra does have a good place IMHO amongst 5 plies, but those ALL+ looping blades in general have limited appeal with the ABS balls, I think the seamed ABS balls becoming standard along the lines of the Nittaku...
  13. BB's thread about higher frequency blades being faster.

    It's a much clearer question than you think it is. The question is: "when people usually talk about a blade's frequency, what frequency are they measuring and how are they measuring it?"
  14. Aesthetically, what’s the most beautiful blade in your opinion?

    I have all the 3 Garaydias just collecting dust for that reason lol!
  15. stubborn in disobedience of the rules. Bad example to follow.

    Let's just say that when you serve like that, there is at least one umpire in the universe who has penalized you for that. Always at least one (I am being conservative, there is definitely more than one). But because others didn't always follow suit, you take your chances. And technically, he...
  16. What song are u listening to now?

    What you said, some people would take offense lol. Cultural appropriation or BS like that.
  17. What song are u listening to now?

    I am so happy you don't live in the West! I think this is the closest I have gotten to feeling East-Asian: And another part of Asia (fine, British but influenced):
  18. Nasty rubber setup, another great ERT video

    I struggle with pips, but it is all relative to my level. I don't lose to pips players at my level unless they outplayed me.
  19. Nasty rubber setup, another great ERT video

    There are hardbat championships yes. But in general, being able to hit a ball in table tennis is a technical act, especially when you are not using high spin material. And outside of ITTF rules, tournament organizers can do whatever they want.
  20. Nasty rubber setup, another great ERT video

    Or maybe if everyone used pips or hardbat, his level would have been good because he can hit the ball with those but not with sponge?
Top