Search results

  1. Advice to improve my game.

    Those are decent forehands for what they are but they are not quite what an advanced coach would teach you to swing like for a forehand topspin. There are many different reasonable approaches and they focus more on generating spin or power but power in consistent spin and speed, not so much...
  2. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Your game is very advanced, I won't have much insight as you are probably a better player than I am. The things I would recommend may not even apply to your game. The biggest one I would try to add is a spin-orientation in addition to a speed orientation. You seem to me to be a physically...
  3. I wanna play with the big boys!

    Yes, I was talking about him.
  4. Stiga blades comparison.

    While I haven't seen you play, I suspect none of us have more power than Liang Jingkun or Fan Zhendong who don't use all wood blades either. It's not just about power. I am not sure what the YEO balance is, but I would assume the heaviest you can get and feel comfortable playing with is best.
  5. I wanna play with the big boys!

    I agree with this, but I would add that unusual styles are not the sole province of pips rubbers. You can play unusual hitting styles with inverted as well and even chop block and hit dead balls, you just need to embrace the riskiness of your style and use rubbers that make it easier, maybe...
  6. Video Footage Safe Thread

    He is either a bot or a religious advertiser of his return board product. If he is a bot, it is a decent design for sure, I think he might also have one at mytt. Be sure to share your conclusions to inform mytt moderation :D.
  7. I wanna play with the big boys!

    The *most* important thing is to get a good coach/mentor. As you can see, DerEchte needed Bogeyhunter. I was lucky to have coaches and mentors in my table tennis club who never charged me a lot and often nothing at all. In fact, the player I play the most like now is a player that never...
  8. Alternative to Stiga Clipper and Intensity

    Or he might need a 5 ply with a harder outer ply. Both are reasonable possibilities depending on what he prioritizes.
  9. Stiga blades comparison.

    Low throw blade with feeling is a tough one, you probably need a harder outer ply on a blade that is relatively thin or has fewer plies, which is what the rosewood would have given you, or conversely, something like the clipper with more plies, in which case, the softness of the outer ply...
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The more you use the legs, the more anything becomes a tiring, athletic activity. But the legs are also extremely resilient if fueled and trained well. So you have to manage your electrolytes and fuel more aggressively.
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Can you push with sidespin?
  12. Another EJ thread... with some twist

    The last Cpen guy I played who drove me nuts was a Korean with boosted Hurricane 3 forehand, Hellfire OX backhand on a Cybershape Carbon - he would just chop block everything and loop kill or hit with the pips after twiddling (yes, he chop blocked with the Hurricane inverted, it created an...
  13. Advice to improve my game.

    One more thing that is obvious - you serve, then you jump into position after the serve is over. This is too slow - the serve has to be while moving into ready position, or be done in ready position or else you will struggle to handle fast returns or returns that require you to move after...
  14. Advice to improve my game.

    South Jersey means you are close to Philly so Trolley is an option. So is Princeton. Going to Lily Yip (or even Princeton) regularly is definitely too far away. But if you really want yo improve, you need to find a way to get to play away from the home club somewhere like Lily Yip at least...
  15. Advice to improve my game.

    Do you have a coach? While it costs money, taking coaching even once a month as long as you record your lessons is very helpful. Table tennis (at least the modern all-round attacking style) has developed specific movements and preparations to make your movement and strokes efficient. What you...
  16. G-1

    G1 has the Tenergy 05 short pimple configuration. It is designed to give relatively high arc. The arc you actually get on your strokes is a matter of technique amongst other things, everyone does this a bit differently.
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So I am going to record the new playing style and footwork. It is going to take some practice, definitely more physically demanding in some ways but easier In others. My third ball over the table is more aggressive. But basically the main thing the elbow close to the body does is force me to...
  18. TAKING ON JUNIOR INTERNATIONALS! | TTD TEAM | TTDSL S3 | Ep 3

    Depends on the opponent though. To be honest, the rankings have held up fairly well, it is the dramatic presentation that can be misleading sometimes. Pocket Rocket has also played out of his mind and made the matches closer than they might have been. It's great to see drama but I care more...
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Pretty much. I think if you are aggressive with your use of the lower body, the elbow away from the body model on forward swings is probably the way to go. But for me, I am trying to manage arthritis while still playing athletically. Elbow close to the body is one of the things I feel will...
  20. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So I have a new technical model now: Damien Provost. or at least how I imagine his game. I am not a lefty but I like the way he keeps his elbows close so that his rotation consistently generates power without excessive knee bend. Will play out of this model for the next few months and see how...
Top