Search results

  1. World Table Tennis Championships 2023

    Losing to Wang Chuqin and Dima/Franziska should never hurt anyone's credibility. Unless you know little about table tennis and just want to put a man down for having aspirations.
  2. World Table Tennis Championships 2023

    That's not entirely fair, he is a talented player, he has to voice his worth in advance of knowing the draw, losing to good teams is always a possibility.
  3. World Table Tennis Championships 2023

    Omar played incredibly well. I thi m he is on a mission to set his own records and become the African #1.
  4. World Table Tennis Championships 2023

    Robles is a good player - you could play the match 10 times and get coin flip results. Can't complain about losing to good players.
  5. How long to develop reverse pendulum serve?

    Waldner never developed one. Samsonov neither. Some players cant do it legally. So don't over think it. The Punch, backhand and tomahawk serves are decent alternatives. I did it with remotely guided coaching over a period of 2 months. Threw a lot of frisbees. And when I don't use it, it...
  6. World Table Tennis Championships 2023

    In table tennis, it is normal to let the judgment of the umpire stand. Umpires can mess things up, and sometimes you have to learn to accept it. Wang has been the top play in North America for many years. Had the experience of being destroyed by him once, it was all fun. Finally, it is okay...
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The high elbow position helps sidespin, so the ball will curve into the table. So you need to adjust your direction when you contact the ball so that the ball curves more down the line (or really outside the table and bends back in), or take off the sidespin and just fast serve down the line...
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Control your breathing. Look up breathing exercises on youtube from someone you trust, there are a lot and most of them are reasonable.
  9. World Table Tennis Championships 2023

    Ma Long has always been somewhat fragile about such things. He is just so immensely talented that it doesn't matter, but his mental game is not his relative strength,
  10. World Table Tennis Championships 2023

    Pucar vs Wang likely to be the match of the tournament for length and style battle lol. When game 6 and game 7 are 19-17, 15-13, you know watched something different. I wonder how long the highlights video will be.
  11. World Table Tennis Championships 2023

    Coaching is a very interesting thing.
  12. World Table Tennis Championships 2023

    I haven't seen it nmyet but good to hear from an experienced player.
  13. World Table Tennis Championships 2023

    Afanador played really well. It is interesting how having kids help you focus once the sleepless nights are over.
  14. World Table Tennis Championships 2023

    Very disappointing. Hugo remains promise unfulfilled at the big events. Hoping his day comes.
  15. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Going down the line, you have two options. The lyrics both require you to face the table a big more at contact as the sidespin will pull thr ball towards the middle of the table. If you serve the sidespin or side back version, some people practice spinning the ball and letting go out and bend...
  16. Winning matches at a lower level?

    One of the things people underestimate when training is the degree to which table tennis training is a dance, not a war. There is nothing wrong with and it is actually best going as slowly as possible go start off and then getting more and more accurate and controlled as you get better. This...
  17. Gel Blade or Gel Rockets

    Gel rockets I have but to me, their cushioning is gone since version 8 so I still use the version 7 I have. But the guys who i know play use Gel Blades. Given the prices, start with the Rockets but I think you might need to test a bit. And I don't think anything really solves concrete.
  18. Winning matches at a lower level?

    This as well. Just as important as a good coach is the right training environment. In addition to my coach when I started, I played a lot of tournaments with two Juniors who started playing around thr same time. They started beating me after a while and got better and better but a lot of my...
  19. Winning matches at a lower level?

    He gave you both lol. A good coach is what addresses this quickly and well. Because a good coach will tailor a playing style to your strengths and weaknesses.
  20. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    My tournament report is long but I will try to keep it short. Couldn't get too much practice going in and that is not a terrible thing. Just hit nb on Wednesday as the last practice day before Saturday. I had deuce in the 5th games against two lower rated players and managed to still win. I...
Top