Search results

  1. World Table Tennis Championships 2023

    Ma Lin is bush league but I get it. Choing on misses is part of the game. Come on Hina. Give us hope!
  2. World Table Tennis Championships 2023

    Much better already
  3. World Table Tennis Championships 2023

    Her placement in WTTC has revived her I think. That the biggest upset so far is China on China is not encouraging.
  4. World Table Tennis Championships 2023

    Mima is looking like an amateur vs Chen. Hopefully Hayata will look better. I don't even care about winning but at least look competent on serve return and in the rallies even if you lose all the points. Don't get me wrong, I get it, she is taking extremely high risk with the hope of some...
  5. World Table Tennis Championships 2023

    It is my favorite backhand (no disrespect to Fan and Tomo). Extra points for Chinese rubber.
  6. World Table Tennis Championships 2023

    This match will be called the Battle of a Billion Backhands....it probably exceeds the Dima vs Jorgiv match at the Etty cup.
  7. World Table Tennis Championships 2023

    Every game has been decided ao far by the minimum two point margin. Looks like Liang is now playing free. I think he will tun away with this.
  8. World Table Tennis Championships 2023

    Harimoto surviving on pure grit and mental skills. Can this hold up? How can a match be so monotone and so exciting at the same time?
  9. World Table Tennis Championships 2023

    Against that Liang backhand. What else can you do?
  10. World Table Tennis Championships 2023

    The spin on Liang Jingkun's backhand had the venom of a sea serpent...
  11. World Table Tennis Championships 2023

    Harimoto loses game 1. Looks already over as I don't see where he could have played better.
  12. World Table Tennis Championships 2023

    I think serving long when you are up or down match point is begging the opponent to respond with their training. Of course a kick topspin serve when you have three match points is not what I am thinking about. I am thinking about serving fast and long and hoping that the opponent misses or...
  13. World Table Tennis Championships 2023

    To prove me wrong,. Chen serves long on match point lol! But she had 3, not one! And she used a kicker!
  14. World Table Tennis Championships 2023

    This sucks - this is going to be painful....
  15. World Table Tennis Championships 2023

    Feeling for CIC... hope she can finish it - for pros, it also applies - don't serve long on match point, no matter how tempting it may be!
  16. World Table Tennis Championships 2023

    It is not an upset until a Chinese player loses lol.
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yeah. I struggled with a lot of underrated players. But it is good to be back under 2000 again so I can play more events. It is just unfortunate that I am travelling out of the country during Nationals or I would have played.
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yes attacking long serves is the proper way to play. Don't confuse that with whether a specific player's long serves will be easy or hard for you to return, especially as part of a match strategy with various spins, placements and deceptions.
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I used this serve a lot, and now, I serve a lot of backhand long into the backhand for the same reason. In general, if you want to go long to start a long, it is best to go to the backhand.
  20. World Table Tennis Championships 2023

    When I watch pros, sometimes, I take comfort that they make the same errors we make, it is just with the game flowing at a much higher speed than ours does.
Top