Search results

  1. Bounce with the Ball / Split-Step

    Really wish BRS would chime in as this is one of his favorite topics, though probably not in the way you have discussed it. I tend to stay away from questions about athletic footwork because my bad knees make it a nightmare for me for me to train aggressively. but I would say that the more you...
  2. WTT Macao 2023

    Wong CHUN Ting looking really good on the pivot. And I thought he was really backhand dominant.
  3. Why do I get so nervous when playing a match?

    Talking to yourself is very overrated, Breath control is very underrated. It has become a key part of my serve return strategy and it will likely contribute to my overall game.
  4. Why do I get so nervous when playing a match?

    Have no doubt, I am focused, but I have learned to trust my practice. I have accepted that I cannot do reliably any more than what I have practiced (or what my practice has prepared me for) and that many shots I make are more luck than skill. And you are 100% right, you are likely to perform...
  5. Why do I get so nervous when playing a match?

    For me, it became easier because I just realized I played better when I was moderately disengaged but concentrated on just playing without caring about the score as nothing other than a result or a strategic input- it started largely in training and flowed over to matches. The thing is that it...
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Still patiently waiting on the Ghostzen video... patience is a virtue they say...
  7. Why do I get so nervous when playing a match?

    Oh, everyone knows the Zen, I don't think it changes the tangibility of the situation. Moreover, by definition, she was the worse player, outperforming her usual level, and she did reasonably expect to lose this match. The truth is that it is very easy to tell stories, and as much as I like...
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The PS is slightly softer and is a backhand rubber of sorts, I personally prefer Golden Tango on both sides for how I play, though I think PS is a good rubber, but I find softer sponge to be more spin reactive when blocking given I prefer the feeling of harder sponge. The slow ball release of...
  9. Why do I get so nervous when playing a match?

    At that level, they are professionals, so things are a bit different. Similar but different, and the difference matters. There are real stakes attached to those matches, and this was an opponent she had never beaten before. This can't be the first time something like this has happened to her.
  10. WTT Macao 2023

    Most countries that have coaches are nationally sponsored. At the WTTC, Quadri will likely have a coach unless he wants to play without one.
  11. WTT Macao 2023

    Very high quality match. Dima and Lim traded blows the full match and it was 50‐50 all the way to the end. The two point margin at the end of game 5 was the gap in points won for the whole match. Lots of fast rallies and touch shots. Very complete. Rosskopf did a good coaching job.
  12. WTT Macao 2023

    Since Dima and Lim Junghoon are about to play, this is a good time to start the thread.
  13. Why do I get so nervous when playing a match?

    She was up big in game 4 as well. Will be a tough one for her and coach Hugo.
  14. Why do only Chinese players use DHS rubbers?

    I don't think so. There were Hybrids such as Palio Thor and people didn't really use them. My first tacky tubber was a tacky tensor from Juic called 999 Turbo - it was likely made by the same place that makes Hurricane Turbo but it had the Globe 999 top sheet. Remember that speed glue was...
  15. Why do only Chinese players use DHS rubbers?

    This is a bit weird to me. The ball quality is the ball quality. If the coach focuses on the ball quality, the technique isn't as big a deal. But that said, be wary of the possibility that you may be overusing the upper arm. Keeping you elbow close to your body is not the defining element of...
  16. Why do only Chinese players use DHS rubbers?

    People overthink all this Chinese vs European rubber stuff. My first coach told me to ditch the tacky rubber I had back then as well. And this was in 2011 by the way with the old ball. I went back and forth between tacky rubbers and non-tacky rubbers over many years because I never fully...
  17. Why do I get so nervous when playing a match?

    Practicing precise sequences of shots and placements has value. Thr more your practice of the first four balls mimics situations you face in your matches, the more rapid your improvement. That would mean lots of serve and attack practice and lots of serve return and fourth ball practice with...
  18. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Everyone can make one shot under the right circumstances, the question is what challenges them from feeling confident that the shot is repeatable when the score 9-9 in the fifth and they need to do it twice to win a match, or it is 9-10 and they need to make the shot to keep the game going. Do...
  19. WTT Champions Xinxiang 2023

    While the WTT is not a great organization, if you have the funding for a tournament, you can run one too. The reason why they got him is because he can get them the funding. This was also why Qatar and such places had tours. So bring your money, fund events, and you can give your wildcards...
  20. WTT Champions Xinxiang 2023

    Doesn't the host/organizer tend to determine the wildcards handed out in most if not all sports?
Top