Search results

  1. WTT Champions Xinxiang 2023

    These younglings grow up way too fast!
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I think with an extremely fast setup, he can spin the high ones effectively, in fact it is the only way he is going to get consistent quickly IMHO. It actually won't be as slow as you think it is because again, it is an extremely fast set up. But because of the speed of what he is using, he has...
  3. WTT Champions Xinxiang 2023

    Someone made the case that there have been other players who have tossed rackets without suspensions. He also didn't injure anyone. The biggest issue is likely that the ref didn't give him any red or yellow cards when it actually happened.
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    These are the usual "good reasons" given by players who do not want to *learn* to spin slowly (or more accurately, with extremely heavy rotation, which usually means slowly if someone is not an extremely athletic player) for their decision. It has many analogies to the "good reasons" given by...
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I Yes, this was pretty much my evaluation. When the racket is in the hand, it is okay to hit it with the hand (either by accident or deliberately, the latter mostly because of the rule update to to make the ball hitting the racket hand legal so that you don't have to have an honest opponent to...
  6. WTT Champions Xinxiang 2023

    Yeah, Filus has become a chopper in name only. Just a bit disappointed at how Hugo manages to take three steps back after taking two forward.
  7. WTT Champions Xinxiang 2023

    Filus came back from 0-3 down to win the last time he played LYJ. I think he will lose this time, but Filus is clearly dangerous when he is attacking.
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    From gestational to glorious victory just like that - I love it!
  9. WTT Champions Xinxiang 2023

    That someone as powerful as Hugo is struggling with Filus's defense shows how interesting table tennis can be. It is a bit sad that he cannot do better in my humble opinion.
  10. WTT Champions Xinxiang 2023

    Kallberg does play a fast close to the table game so maybe the stereotypes are not ethnic at least. But yes, while I am pretty sure that _Joola_ is not one of them and I think I understand what he is trying to say about Kallberg's game, it is really frustrating that someone can watch the top 5...
  11. WTT Champions Xinxiang 2023

    Understood., I am probably not being fair to you As much as I hate discussing the meaning of words, I think it is unfair to call any top player's game "robotic" or lacking in feeling. People used to call the top Chinese players "robotic:" as well and I never understood it as robotic, but I...
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Usually, a percentage around 40% means that you probably don't use that skill in matches you intend to win because the skill is costing you points. In practice matches, you bring in skills that you are working on but which you have gotten to a reasonable level. But maybe things are different...
  13. Cleaning tacky and hybrid rubbers

    I just breathe on mine and use the plastic sheets.
  14. WTT Champions Xinxiang 2023

    You're alive too? Shuki first, ttmonster now? Beautiful days are ahead! Great to hear from you, how are you? I made the robotic point mostly in response to JOOLA, partly because a high level coach told me that many lower level players had told him that CCY was the easiest higher level player...
  15. Welcome to TableTennisDaily 3.0 - Bug Report

    Let the site make some money, vvk1! :D.
  16. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    BRS likes to talk about the "reset hop" as the key to footwork. I think this video is kind of agreeing with him.
  17. What are tactics for men to play women?

    When men and women play at the same level, it is usually a battle of speed vs power/spin. What you do not want is to be stuck playing medium quality balls which can be used to block you around or to give your opponent balls that are easy to smash/hit, since this is the preferred stroke of most...
  18. WTT Champions Xinxiang 2023

    I think we assume a bit too much based on watching players styles when we use terms like "robotic". You don't get anywhere close to the top 100 without having a complete game, it is just that the the things that players display at the table vary. Chuang Chi Yuan is probably the most robotic...
  19. WTT Champions Xinxiang 2023

    Kallberg has that potential but is still looking for that win in the last two years or so. His game quality looks so obviously top 10 with the close to the table sperd and quality and he really should have more scalps from Vhina. I guess being Swedish and having so much competition is a good...
  20. Video Footage Safe Thread

    And the common refrain from many people when using a slower blade is to complain about the speed. 1. You don't have to use it forever. You need to develop a full stroke set to appreciate what the limits of faster equipment are. So that way you appreciate better the tradeoffs in going too...
Top