Search results

  1. Challenger Series

    I don't remember seeing so many topspin or countertopspin or fishes from Evgeny.... maybe he has changed style a little?
  2. Dignics 09c vs hurricane 3

    Touching soft actually has a similar concept but in a different way. The short pushes you can do with Chinese rubber are larger strokes. They aren't quite like the European rubber touches. But yeah, the main point I was trying to make was that doing an open up from below the table with slow...
  3. Dignics 09c vs hurricane 3

    I actually meant on high impact (I could have made a mistake). On low impact shots, you feel as if you aren't spinning unless you put in a lot of effort. But when looping really hard, you feel as if you can loop anything once you are willing to put in the effort.
  4. Dignics 09c vs hurricane 3

    Yes, I know people. And they are not going to discuss as a fun topic issues that affect the livelihoods of themselves and other people.
  5. Dignics 09c vs hurricane 3

    I know two players, and I have seen their blades, who are top pros and use Butterfly blades where the handles were changed to match their sponsor's brand. Yes, a player with a higher ranking can negotiate more things. But that doesn't mean that the player is not forced to use the equipment of...
  6. Dignics 09c vs hurricane 3

    They are forced to switch - sometimes, players switch handles so they can use blades they like while keeping their sponsorship requirements intact. Any exceptions are in the contract - it isn't about your playing level. Many players go to a different sponsor and use equipment they may not love...
  7. Dignics 09c vs hurricane 3

    I think you are oversimplifying the issue - it always depends on what they negotiate in their contract.
  8. Dignics 09c vs hurricane 3

    It helps me place your statements in context. My point is that nothing you are talking about requires an understanding of textbook physics. Carl didn't get training in physics, he got training in how to use the body better. When I coach I am trying to tell people how to get more from using...
  9. Dignics 09c vs hurricane 3

    I hate to ask this but what is your TT playing level? And have you actually coached players before? I was talking to an international coach recently and asked him what I should do if I play the ball to someone on the backhand and I can't go to the forehand but I need to generate errors. He...
  10. Dignics 09c vs hurricane 3

    I think you are granting too much even here. Most of the information that you need about using equipment is gained by practicing with it. No one has equations that let's us know what equipment is best suited for them to play their best. And in fact, some people may play better with equipment...
  11. Dignics 09c vs hurricane 3

    I am not clear on how your response differs materially from anything that has been written. The problem you seem focused on is how to evaluate equipment suitability before you can test/use/buy it. This is not the same thing as whether knowledge of physics makes you a better TT player or...
  12. Dignics 09c vs hurricane 3

    This is interesting. What result from physics did pathfinder pro find specifically that helped your table tennis? Same with JRSDallas. Thanks.
  13. Dignics 09c vs hurricane 3

    Yeah. Until you cheat again...
  14. Dignics 09c vs hurricane 3

    What you are calling physics may or may not be the physics you learn in school. You are likely calling a lot of things physics that have little to do with a formal study of the subject. What Brokenball means is the kind of physics that engineers use not elements of physical fitness or...
  15. Dignics 09c vs hurricane 3

    Agreed - higher level players usually know a few things about their equipment that leads them to believe it works for them. But that is not the same thing as their claiming to be experts about how equipment affects their game. That said, this still exists...
  16. Dignics 09c vs hurricane 3

    Oh I know it is not necessarily rude or dismissive. The problem is that people use it to argue that I am being elitist when the truth is that I started playing serious table tennis about 9 years ago and went from USATT 500-600 to USATT 2000-2100 in about 4 years and have been working on my...
  17. Dignics 09c vs hurricane 3

    Yes and this is why I usually like to know the level of the player I am talking to when discussing these issues. It can sound rude or dismissive, but it can be important to get a rough idea of what one is up against when discussing an issue. I don't know any serious player who thinks an...
  18. Dignics 09c vs hurricane 3

    I don't know if it is so much about better for a player than about being unable to change habits formed as a child that got you to a high level. Other than that we likely agree. The thing is that the Chinese approach to me leads to the ability to deliver a wider range of shots than the top...
  19. Dignics 09c vs hurricane 3

    I don't think most players bring their backswing back straight arm, even the top Chinese players. Like I said it is a topic that I would like to discuss but it has a lot of nuance and being a lower level player, I am only saying what I see and may miss a lot of nuance. And I will state a lot...
  20. Dignics 09c vs hurricane 3

    It is easy to talk about in the abstract but if we put Fan Zhendong and Timo Boll side by side on video looping to a block, we can get a better idea of what it means. Nigerians also do straight arm loops with intense forearm snap and of course my biase leads me to believe it is ultimately a...
Top