Search results

  1. Dignics 09c vs hurricane 3

    I don't agree, but the discussion is nuanced. Obviously, Timo Boll is one of the best players in the world, so it is all relative. But I do think that most Europeans are limited in the technical options they can bring to a ball when they need to put it away. Usually, the Koreans and Chinese...
  2. What is my USA ranking now?

    You mean that you served illegally a lot in the past (not just once - I gotta get the interpretation right) and now that you are reformed, you want people to follow your lead? You played people who may have served illegally while serving illegally and got sanctimonious because you were bothered...
  3. What is my USA ranking now?

    It is the point and we know your conscience is clear. The problem is that if you are serving illegal serves it shouldn't be. Trying is intent, action is actuality. It just shows how willing you are to set one standard for yourself and another for your opponents. You should review the points...
  4. What is my USA ranking now?

    I think your attitude may be part of the problem. No one serves illegally in just one or two matches. Serves are habits. If you served like this in one match, you were likely serving like this in many matches over the same period. How long the period was may be tied to how long you used...
  5. What is my USA ranking now?

    Ah, the camera angles make these serves look worse... that must be it! The rules don't have legality scales - a serve is either a fault or it isn't. The strength of a serve is irrelevant to the rules - I remember playing a guy who couldn't serve with spin but hid every serve - that didn't...
  6. What is my USA ranking now?

    But you clearly did it for years and didn't get faulted for it. And your opponents were cheated of lots of points they should have won, the Same way you complained about other people's serves. It is good that you have started to correct this and after a few months you are still doing what you...
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Well my knees are arthritic. Something has to give.
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yes, definitely not a full power drill. Usually a 60% max.
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Whenever I try that, my knees remind me why I don't do it all the time after the session is over...
  10. Dignics 09c vs hurricane 3

    Yes, that is what people are talking about.
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    More like that - this is about the best I can do. https://youtu.be/xCEQvcLsPso?t=526
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The desync you see is probably the biggest evidence of the knee pain, it is hard to get into the kind of depth with the knees that I would like to to hit the shot I want to hit, but I know what I get is better than getting nothing whatsoever, because there is a change in ability to hit some...
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    My arm actually feels quite fine these days compared to prior times - it has been doing this for too long so it is happy that there is actually a little lower body work to support it where there used to be none whatsoever ;).
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So I have been trying to improve my footwork - this is the max I can go at and I don't think I will be doing this particular drill at this intensity again - my right knee can't take it for sure. I get faster as the drill goes on. Comments are welcome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSbJ0PkgSrs
  15. Dignics 09c vs hurricane 3

    A higher level player told me that it really isn't about softness but about sponge compression - the boosters put bubbles in the sponge so it is easier to compress and generate spin. But the compressibility argument also applies to softer sponges as well.
  16. Dignics 09c vs hurricane 3

    The review has a lot of issues - the benefit of H3 when it comes to spin isn't on spinning up the ball, it is on the fact that you can play with a low of power and still have no limit on the spin potential. This creates a major mental problem when you are used to facing Euro rubbers as the...
  17. What is my USA ranking now?

    Since MOG is the king of arguing that he never serves illegally and that his opponents are breaking all the rules, this is perplexing and vexing and needs immediate attention and resolution.
  18. Which match would you love to see?

    Haha.... I probably wouldn't stand a chance. The match I want to see is ZJK vs Yan An at one or those opens a few years ago. I think Yan An came back from 4-10 in the 7th to win. Wasn't on a TV table.
  19. MOG's D09c Thread: Now Closed

    To be honest, as someone who has purchased quite a few sheets of Dignics 09c, I initially thought the title was in poor taste. But I got over it since I knew the context was mostly supposed to be humorous and the OP has been trolling like this for years. And I also know that rubbers like this...
  20. MOG's D09c Thread: Now Closed

    Spin sensitive is always a relative term. I suspect in reality, though I haven't used Rakza Z, that D09c and Rakza Z will be about the same.
Top