Search results

  1. Is ma long the GOAT ?

    I am a bit lost here. You really think accusing someone of lacking respect and sportsmanship for TT players is polite?
  2. ITTF 2019 Slovenia Open May 8-12

    Wei Shihao vs Truls Moregard on table 1 now.
  3. Is ma long the GOAT ?

    Usualsuspect accuses me of unsportsmanlike behavior because I say certain players are not great (or not as great as others). He argues I can't do so because I am not a journalist. I suspect his real goal is to make you write it so he can accuse you of being disrespectful and unsportsmanlike.
  4. Is ma long the GOAT ?

    It is not about "blame". It is about whether you should be more careful when using the numbers to measure someone's dominance. I have no problem with Ma Long using both the eye test and the stat test. But I fully understand why anyone would hold those losses to Wang Hao against him and stress...
  5. Is ma long the GOAT ?

    Yeah. We also had Rosskopf saying that Fan Zhendong should have gone and that sending ZJK created an opening. The funny thing is that despite all this, I still think Ma Long is the GOAT. I just don't think these things should be lied about.
  6. Is ma long the GOAT ?

    Interesting. I think the Olympics have been watered down and are mostly ceremonial now. But celebrity status is important I guess.
  7. Is ma long the GOAT ?

    I showed the source of the confusion and I probably misread what zeio wrote but it is okay. Sorry for lying about Ma Long. It was a honest mistake. But the idea that one can compare Wang Hao in 2012 to Zhang Jike in 2016... let's just say I find that weird. But it seems some are convinced...
  8. Is ma long the GOAT ?

    Well you can make any comments you want to. I can make mine as well. What you know is what you know. I don't pretend anyone else knows what you know. 8f you find raineverever fair, that is fine. That is why we discuss these things. Like unsaid I know where the argument will go before I hear it.
  9. Is ma long the GOAT ?

    It is hard to argue in good Faith with someone who doesn't declare their biases upfront. If you want to do it, go ahead. I would rather at least make those biases clear if she won't. Because we always know the conclusion no matter how many arguments will get us there. That makes it harder...
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    You can't always play at your best but a lot depends on how much margin for error there is in your game while not radically changing your playing style. You also don't play often enough to have your game fully calibrated (we have to place our performance in the context of our training and...
  11. Is ma long the GOAT ?

    Your point of view is interesting. It doesn't pass my smell test but it is interesting. I never defined prime as failing to defend your title. In fact I don't think Ma Long had any title at his prime (second half of 2011) though this is my opinion. My point is that those of us who watched...
  12. Is ma long the GOAT ?

    http://tabletenniscoaching.com/node/2037 We can now add - GOAT of plastic ball era - Ma Long.
  13. Is ma long the GOAT ?

    Some statements are puzzling. If ZJK was not in his prime in 2016, then Wang Hao was not in his prime in 2012. Come again? Prime is a relative word. By 2016 people were not even sure that ZJK should be playing Olympics. In 2012, WH was by any strength measure still one of the top players in...
  14. Spin is better than Speed - I am a believer now.

    My brain sometimes agrees with you but my body doesn't.
  15. Is ma long the GOAT ?

    It is fun to debate people who are so sure they must be right that only idiots can disagree with them. Especially when you were once one of those people at a younger age and can reflect on the limited perspective of youth and how it can't see that the world is a much more interesting place than...
  16. Is ma long the GOAT ?

    I value how he felt. But I also value the objective difficulty of the achievement.
  17. Is ma long the GOAT ?

    So in other words, none of his achievements during the cell ball era impress you and you think he is partly a child of WH retirement, ZJK dropoff and the plastic ball? National Games and Asian Championships are just practice matches?
  18. Is ma long the GOAT ?

    I think this is truly an internet limitation and there is really no way to address it. Punditry requires a big mouth and pen but no real knowledge. But I think it is clear that I think Ma Long is the GOAT, but that I can understand why others may disagree, with the biggest black mark being the...
  19. Is ma long the GOAT ?

    And how long is his time?
  20. Is ma long the GOAT ?

    I think when you look at something like GOAT, you take a broad perspective of everything and weight some things with relative importance. I think if you do, despite details and quibbles here and there, Ma Long is the greatest player of the modern era. I don't deny that I wish he had greater...
Top