Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Looping is really a stroke that comes from the core. Using the legs is really an indirect way of activating the core. Most good players lean forward when they want to loop block or topspin because they want to change the plane of their swing to make it more forward. I can't lean so I change...
  2. Marvellous 12 2019

    If you can, post these as responses quoting your prior report so that one can follow the chain. Don't take it as a complaint please, post these things even if my recommendation is just stupid or time-wasting.
  3. Marvellous 12 2019

    A big factor in Xue Fei's performance in two ways is that he is now coached by Wang Hao. On one hand, it will improve his RPB game. On the other hand, for the match-up against FZD, it gives him insight into how FZD plays since they share the same coach. It also means that FZD gets no coaching...
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    You don't seem to have a desire to play with energy and to impose your game - as TWI pointed out, you are too young to play this way, but if you want to, then maybe stick SP or LP on one side of your racket. Maybe it is because you haven't practiced in a while or maybe you have but something...
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    That's fair. It probably has a level of player it is useful for.
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Tell that to BRS and see what happens.
  7. Remove Varnish question

    Good handles are designed to keep their design after getting sanded down. So you may be fine using sanding to remove the varnish.
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Robots are okay for footwork drills and specific aspects of spin control. Not so good for other things. The sooner you find a hitting partner the better.
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The answer is different if you play every day vs if you play once a week or less etc. If you don't play a lot you have to just accept it and try to play more. If you play a lot, you have to figure out how to get into the game until it has a chance to change. The thing is that if you do not play...
  10. New Butterfly rubber "Dignics 05" 2019

    I guess they realize that ratings only influence the ignorant and those are the people that need influencing.
  11. Marvellous 12 2019

    We need somewhere with comprehensive results listing.
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Grip is an infinite nightmare. You aren't even at the point of inception. Just enjoy the nightmare.
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    This is in part how I learned. But I think I went a bit too far to the technical side and have been thinking about how to reintroduce balance. When I resume coaching I will think more like this.
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    This is an all time great post.
  15. TB ALC vs IF ALC (Koto vs Limba)

    Sorry about your injury. I hope you get better soon. There are lots of opinions online (admittedly not from players you know but they are out there). In the end, just focus in the ball quality and the ability to create arc that fits the way you play. For me I try to combine the fact that I...
  16. TB ALC vs IF ALC (Koto vs Limba)

    You have already ordered the blades. Just test them and see what you think and then share. Usually I am okay with someone reporting their experiences using blades or rubbers or asking questions. But when it spans so many threads/posts with the same question being asked in subtly different...
  17. Marvellous 12 2019

    It really doesn't matter how serious he is, he is a lock for the WTTC. Liang Jingkun and Lin Gaoyuan and of course Wang Chuqin are those that really need to work.
  18. CNT Coaches Roster 2019 & Introduction of Performance Appraisal

    It isn't always about opportunity it is sometimes about choice and whether coaching is something that the women really want to do at the national level given the world involved and the kind of reward. The top women tend to have good opportunities in things other than TT qs they seem to be able...
Top