Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M0foyQi_iw&list=PL1xHYZmEaJtR7iQeOK7ybytj1ByTzbxEI&index=4 Playlist of the elimination matches that Robert Gardos played at Westchester TT club. There are edited versions of the finals and semifinals elsewhere on youtube, but not of the R16 and the QF AFAIK.
  2. How to backhand loop a super spinny pendulum serve that comes long

    Yes, the word "rip" captures what I mean precisely. Everyone wants to rip a serve they can see (unless they don't want their opponent to stop serving it). It can be done with practice. But I wonder how much practice the OP has done. He has to try when he knows the spin.
  3. How to backhand loop a super spinny pendulum serve that comes long

    Thanks. Maybe "kill" is the wrong word, maybe I really mean "attack" but attack doesn't always convey the same sense of power.
  4. How to backhand loop a super spinny pendulum serve that comes long

    Sorry, there is a very specific target of these posts - it isn't you. Carl knows who it is and I apologize for being so broad when you gave good advice. Some people have been playing less than 2 years but cannot help themselves post on every thread about equipment, technique etc. I am not...
  5. How to backhand loop a super spinny pendulum serve that comes long

    He really isn't talking about returning it he is talking about being able to kill it the way he probably can if it comes to his forehand. Many players with good forehand and not so good or less confident even if good backhand often just want their backhand to be like their forehand and you have...
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I think it in part might reflect your experience and ability with both sports but I could be wrong. Thanks for the clarification though. BTW, I enjoy watching women's TT as well
  7. ZhangLei on MaLong's injury: Very serious, may affect 2020 olympics.

    But they can't do it at the same frequency. Just not possible.
  8. How to backhand loop a super spinny pendulum serve that comes long

    I agree, but when one is young and athletic, those issues are not the same. I think where you get to after 2 years if you are under 20 years old, adding another 200 pts over a lifetime is not unreasonable, especially below 2200. Some people add more, some add less. But if I was saying that...
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yes, the backhand serve was more questionable.
  10. How to backhand loop a super spinny pendulum serve that comes long

    Well, because of my experiences on online forums, it is something I try to call attention to and which thankfully is much better here than it is on most forums. It is very common to think you have deep insights if you haven't played a lot or worked with a lot of higher level players who give...
  11. ZhangLei on MaLong's injury: Very serious, may affect 2020 olympics.

    From what I hear, Timo doesn't practice much relative to other players. But in the end, I do know that because of multiball, you are often repeating many more shots than you would in tennis. But again, my sample was people who have played telling me specifically. My point is that if people...
  12. Should I change my blade or rubbers?

    The main point of of DerEchte's post is that if you don't get a coach or have a friend to help you, the time you are putting into this inquiry will make no difference. You won't get a unanimous answer any ways. Hopefully something you hear will make you feel better.
  13. ZhangLei on MaLong's injury: Very serious, may affect 2020 olympics.

    Okay. I cede the point to FruitLoop. My sample was too limited. I suspect the specific player might play a role as well.
  14. How to backhand loop a super spinny pendulum serve that comes long

    Guys, the OP is a better player than most of us (definitely than me at least). People should place that in context when responding. The issue with confidently killing a serve with the backhand is that you don't have the same room to adjust to the spin and you also need very powerful backhand...
  15. the story of Liang Jingkun

    I am not sold on this interpretation. Mine is the following. LJK is one of the two most powerful players in CNT, the other being Fan Zhendong. LJK had always being overweight and despite fine technique and good power, had underperformed. He also has tactical limitations, not always reading...
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Fruitloop, you would be surprised at how many men who are 2400+ who don't even find women's TT interesting or watchable. Not saying Lula is one of them, but that you shouldn't be surprised if a high level Male player has little interest in women's TT. In fact you should be pleasantly...
  17. TB ALC vs IF ALC (Koto vs Limba)

    You have clearly caught the EJ bug in a big way. Good luck with it.
  18. ZhangLei on MaLong's injury: Very serious, may affect 2020 olympics.

    Guys, I have no doubt you can eat whole food carbs and have a healthy career. I also have no doubt that fueling yourself consistently with Gatorade or similar drinks is a path towards diabetes. In fact, more and more athletes are training in relatively low carb states to avoid the high...
  19. Forum format

    It is not an accident. I give a lot of credit to Carl and DerEchte for helping to cultivate that.
Top