Who do you think will win the World Table Tennis Championships 2015?

• Ma Long

Votes: 74 49.3%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 16 10.7%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 12 8.0%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
yeah, hope he can get the two doubles' gold medals. really sad that no penholder left in single's.

he's done his best after the icebag treatment. but the luck didn't stand on his side as the last point hit the edge of the table

This user has no status.
Hei guys!
I just had a bit of time this morning and thought i should check on ttd what people are talking about.

I'm currently at the WTTC working for the Media and Marketing department at the ITTF. I know many people are unhappy with certain topics and would like to get some more infos about anything i guess.
I'm sitting in the first row for 7 days now and will do so untill after the last match :D after all I'm usually in the venue at 9-10 am and come back to my room at 3-4 am.

Aaaaanyways - i can't reply to all of previous comments and questions but i will try to give you guys some explanations or cool behind the scenes facts :)

On another note:
What did you like very good so far about the WTTC? (can be anything -> matches, "driving" interviews, videos, etc etc)
What did you not like at the WTTC?

Cheers!
:)

Great expereince I'm sure. You're lucky.

From my perspective, only being able to follow on the internet, the ITTF webite is horrible.

Thsi webpage is not even up to date with the result of yesterday's matches, let alone todays: http://www.ittf.com/competitions/te...rom4=1&Seq_To4=2&Rnd5=2&Seq_From5=1&Seq_To5=1

Also, live scoring is not updated, and streams are of very poor quality (when they work).

My friends who have bought tickest are quite far from the centre of the venue, where the 2 tables are, and I know they're considering buying binoculars to watch teh game(!)

Finally, ITTF uplaods on youtube are the worst I've seen. Only highlights. Fortunately there are otehr webites where we can find TV uploads.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
It is a pity for Lee Sangsu, all chinese spectators were supporting tang peng.

Yh I thought that to.. Maybe they saw Lee Sang Su as a threat in the quarters against Ma Long as Lee has beat Ma Long before. Maybe I am completely wrong here :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Yh I thought that to.. Maybe they saw Lee Sang Su as a threat in the quarters against Ma Long as Lee has beat Ma Long before. Maybe I am completely wrong here :)

Tang Peng used his brain after the 1-11 first set and avoided the strong textbook strokes of Lee Sangsu!

M51

says Poly balls still suck.

M51

says Poly balls still suck.
Sep 2012
From my perspective, only being able to follow on the internet, the ITTF webite is horrible.

Thsi webpage is not even up to date with the result of yesterday's matches, let alone todays: http://www.ittf.com/competitions/te...rom4=1&Seq_To4=2&Rnd5=2&Seq_From5=1&Seq_To5=1

Also, live scoring is not updated, and streams are of very poor quality (when they work).
ITTF is failing beyond all reason and common sense. The biggest competition on the planet (not counting the Olympics), and this shit happens. Pathetic.

MEN'S QUARTERFINALS (May 02, 2015; 8:00 CET)

MA Long
TANG Peng

BOLL Timo
FAN Zhendong

ZHANG Jike
MIZUTANI Jun

FRANZISKA Patrick
FANG Bo

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
ITTF is failing beyond all reason and common sense. The biggest competition on the planet (not counting the Olympics), and this shit happens. Pathetic.

MEN'S QUARTERFINALS (May 02, 2015; 8:00 CET)

MA Long
TANG Peng

BOLL Timo
FAN Zhendong

ZHANG Jike
MIZUTANI Jun

FRANZISKA Patrick
FANG Bo

Tang Peng is the oldest quarterfinalist.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 2 reviews
Mu Zi is impressive ! Next match against Ding Ning could be very tight.
Zhu Yuling have been badly beaten by Liu Shiwen. She've been playing not so good since she has changed her coach. I find it a harsh move from the CNT to change her coach (from Li Sun to Yan Sen) just before the WTTC. Some said that CNT doesn't want Li Sun to have all the Grand Slam players after Wang Nan, Zhang Yining and Li Xiaoxia lol (I think it's not true but I find it funny).
On the other hand, Mu Zi who is coached by Li Sun is doing very well.

Reactions: fz29888
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Not to look past any of the quarter final matches, but it looks like ZJK has the easiest draw imaginable where he has to play Jun Mizutani and the winner of Franziska and Bo. XX being nocked out really gives ZJK much less competition till the finals. Of course anything can happen but the matches in the top of the draw look much more challenging than the ones in the bottom of the draw.