Introduce yourself to the forum! :)

This user has no status.
Hi all!

I'm Stefan and I'm new to the forum (but not the site). I started playing when I was about 13 but stopped at the age of 15, but after a break for over 10 years I started practicing again when I moved to Finland about 2 years ago to study for a PhD. I'm really glad I started playing again and it helps keeping my mind of my own research/studies. I didn't really get the proper training when I was younger so I have been focusing on relearning my strokes with proper technique, but I have been struggling to find good training partners. I hope to keep improving and play as much as possible and join in on the discussions! :)

So long!

Reactions: Shuki
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Hey there!

My name is Mikhail (I prefer "Mischa") and I'm 31 years old. I was born in Russia (Moscow), nevertheless, I've spent most of my life in Germany. I currently live in Stuttgart (appx. 200 km west of Munich) where I just finished my studies in computer science with respect to intrusion detection for automotive networks using artificial neural networks.

Apart from my passion for table tennis I have a keen interest in digital photography, long distance running and Yoga.

I started playing table tennis when I was 5 years old. During the next 15 years, when table tennis turned into more than just a hobby (by practicing almost every day for several hours) I realized that my passion for this great sport transformed into a 'job' where no matter I felt the urge to play or not, I forced myself to show up by means of 'duty' for my coach and teammates.

Long story short: I quitted table tennis almost overnight and decided to devote my time more valuable things in life with my then age - mainly girls and beer. Being table tennis free for almost ten years, I felt the need to give ping pong another chance and started practicing a couple of months ago for the sake of the unique sound a single ply Hinoki wood creates.

When it comes to table tennis, my interests are focussed on traditional penholder blades, techniques and always casting an eye on the "Buy & Sell" forum looking for a gem.

I look forward getting to know new people, learning from others and generally speaking having a great time here. :)

Reactions: Suga D and Cornel
This user has no status.
Hey all. Glad to be part of this community. I have been playing for 3 years at a club and started at 28 years of age. Before that I was just playing for fun at home or with friends, but nothing serious. I play for Table Tennis Cairns in Australia and hope to do much better at the Vets next year. So far the best achievement I've had was to become runner up at my own club to win the women's title and started to play much better competitively. I'm obsessed with the training and competitive side of the sport and love multi ball training in particular. Currently working on my fitness level and my mental toughness. Thanks guys.

PPN

This user has no status.

PPN

This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Hi!

I'm 30 years old and i'm from Helsingborg, Sweden. We had a table tennis table at home when i grew up and i played all the time with my friends but it was just for fun. I was pretty good att ice hockey(before injuries destroyed it when I was 17) so I didn't had the time to play table tennis in a club.

Now when i'm an adult I have been playing tennis in the summer and i really liked it. But I wanted to do something when its not summer as well(in Sweden we have summer for like 3 months, and its often rains) so i joined a group of guys who are between 30-70 years old. We are often around 10 players and we play just for fun once a week. If i had the time(I do not, work, wife, kid) I could play 5 times a week. I started to play regularly for 1 year ago and I really love it!

I really enjoy to watch table tennis as well and i often watch every event shown at ittv, laola1 and when i can challenger. I've been to a couple of Rekord games, they are currently at second place in the Swedish league.

Now a have a question for you guys. I have a Stiga Allround Classic with Cobra 2000 and I like it but I feel like a can handle a more "advanced" rubber now. I've heard a lot of good about Tibhar MX-P of both a couple of friend and on the internet.
Is that a good rubber for a guy who plays 1-2 times a week and have been playing for 1 year?(I'm pretty okey because I played for fun almost everyday when I was younger)
Or is the rubber to "advanced"? Better with some of the other Tibhar? Should you play with the MX-P on on side and a other one of the other side?
I'm an allround/offensive player and my forehand is my strong side.

Thanks!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Cho!

Hi Everyone,

I spend so much time reading posts here and on other sites I thought I might as well join up and on one site and since this one seems the friendliest out of the lot, here I am.

Been playing for 3 years, started playing competitively this year and been quite shocked by how many ways there are to lose a match.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Hi!

I'm 30 years old and i'm from Helsingborg, Sweden. We had a table tennis table at home when i grew up and i played all the time with my friends but it was just for fun. I was pretty good att ice hockey(before injuries destroyed it when I was 17) so I didn't had the time to play table tennis in a club.

Now when i'm an adult I have been playing tennis in the summer and i really liked it. But I wanted to do something when its not summer as well(in Sweden we have summer for like 3 months, and its often rains) so i joined a group of guys who are between 30-70 years old. We are often around 10 players and we play just for fun once a week. If i had the time(I do not, work, wife, kid) I could play 5 times a week. I started to play regularly for 1 year ago and I really love it!

I really enjoy to watch table tennis as well and i often watch every event shown at ittv, laola1 and when i can challenger. I've been to a couple of Rekord games, they are currently at second place in the Swedish league.

Now a have a question for you guys. I have a Stiga Allround Classic with Cobra 2000 and I like it but I feel like a can handle a more "advanced" rubber now. I've heard a lot of good about Tibhar MX-P of both a couple of friend and on the internet.
Is that a good rubber for a guy who plays 1-2 times a week and have been playing for 1 year?(I'm pretty okey because I played for fun almost everyday when I was younger)
Or is the rubber to "advanced"? Better with some of the other Tibhar? Should you play with the MX-P on on side and a other one of the other side?
I'm an allround/offensive player and my forehand is my strong side.

Thanks!

I read at USA Hobby TT Coalition timeline page on Facebook last year that you could Boost Stiga Cobra 2000 with oil to make it a lot more spinny and faster so you shouldn't have to buy a new rubber for now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I read at USA Hobby TT Coalition timeline page on Facebook last year that you could Boost Stiga Cobra 2000 with oil to make it a lot more spinny and faster so you shouldn't have to buy a new rubber for now.

I saw on my youtube channel that you could serve the punch serve and get people to put the ball in the net too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Hello I'm Hyun! I started playing last year and got hooked! I want to improve so I joined this forum. Visiting a club is hard due to work/life balance, so I will take whatever I can get! But perhaps if the stars align, I can meet some good people here in person! Currently sportin a Samsonov alpha and a pair of illuminas! Cheers!

This user has no status.
hello! i am also from Sweden, and upload matches from the Swedish league. i am currently playing in Falkenbergs BTK, which are one of the top teams in the league.

since i saw that you are following matches in the Swedish league; i wonder if you want to subscribe to my Youtube channel?

You will find it here: www.youtube.com/channel/UCAHT-U1Y0SIUuiRFa0bb2Tg

best regards

This user has no status.
Hi,
I'm Jean from Germany. Every now and then I've been watching Dan's reviews on youtube, and reading up about the chinese trials last (olympic games) and this year (world cup). Now I finally decided to register to the web site. I've been playing table tennis for about eighteen years. I play for a local club an state-level. My greatest achievements was taking on Jochen Stehle and Björn Baum (the brother of Patrick Baum), two second league players, in doubles in college championships about five years ago. I and my partner nearly defeated them (5 set loss in extension).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
im oscar pollard i play for joola plymouth table tennis club and my best achievements are quarterfinals at 4 star, schools junior winner now going to play in the nationals, semi finalist many times at 2 stars beat josh millman ,ed haskell ,carl baldry

This user has no status.
Hi,
I'm Jean from Germany. Every now and then I've been watching Dan's reviews on youtube, and reading up about the chinese trials last (olympic games) and this year (world cup). Now I finally decided to register to the web site. I've been playing table tennis for about eighteen years. I play for a local club an state-level. My greatest achievements was taking on Jochen Stehle and Björn Baum (the brother of Patrick Baum), two second league players, in doubles in college championships about five years ago. I and my partner nearly defeated them (5 set loss in extension).

sound superfun to played against such a great player as Björn Baum.