2016 New Butterfly Freitas ALC and Apolonia ZLC

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Both blades are amazing, i would probably choose the Apolonia one, it has my country colors and also Tiago played in my home town Amadora i even got to see him evolve at his early years in Estela da Amadora.

unfortunately i doubt i have the skill to tame any of them.

WHY I was able to tame my Zhang Jike Super ZLC AND IM AN INTERMEDIATE PLAYER, IT JUST TAKES TIME. IM PRETTY SURE YOU CAN TAME IT IN 5 HOURS

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Tiago Apolonia used his blade at the recent German Open. Photos by @Fabig

Forehand

apolonia.jpg

Backhand

tiagoo.jpg

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Both blades are amazing, i would probably choose the Apolonia one, it has my country colors and also Tiago played in my home town Amadora i even got to see him evolve at his early years in Estela da Amadora.

unfortunately i doubt i have the skill to tame any of them.
I was in Portugal last December. What a fantastic place!
Think I drove through Amadora while we were exploring Lisbon.

Has anyone been able to try one of these blades yet?

This user has no status.
I was in Portugal last December. What a fantastic place!
Think I drove through Amadora while we were exploring Lisbon.

Has anyone been able to try one of these blades yet?

I was there too. If you told here that you were coming to Portugal, i woul show you the town. If you ever have the chance to come again, choose the North. It's even more beatiful.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I was there too. If you told here that you were coming to Portugal, i woul show you the town. If you ever have the chance to come again, choose the North. It's even more beatiful.

I was also in Porto and drove quite a bit along the Douro valley. Incredibly beautiful.

I took this with my cell phone in Porto.

Porto.jpg

This user has no status.
I was also in Porto and drove quite a bit along the Douro valley. Incredibly beautiful.

I took this with my cell phone in Porto.

View attachment 9339

That is my city Baal. In my humble opinion, the Douro region is one of the most beatiful in Europe. The offer still stand. If yo come back, it woul be a pleasure to show you the city and tell it's amazing history.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Was there around New Year's eve. Great food, great scenery, nice people, so much to see. (Not so easy to find a place to park a car in Porto though).

Everyone who ever gets a chance to see Portugal should go.

This user has no status.
i like the how the marco freitas one looks, and probably would succumb to temptation and try one when it becomes available here, but probably not if it's confirmed that it's michael maze alc re-badge as ouf of the many alc (at that time the 4 were: michael maze, konglinghui special, timo boll spirit, and viscaria) the mm was the least that i like.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
I dont beleive, that freitas alc is the same like michale maze.
Old micheal maze alc blade had 5.5 mm thickness, freitas has 6 mm thickness.
Freitas has thicker outer ply of limba, it has better dwell and control in comparison with boll alc. Freitas alc has characteristic between boll alc and boll inerforce alc.