mizutani zlc vs mizutani super zlc

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Hi ,

What is the difference between the jun mizutani zlc and super zlc ?

i played with the zlc version and its very nice , considering to purchase one and i noticed that there is a super zlc version.
However the super zlc is way more expensive.

thanks.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
First thing to consider is that Jun Mizutani uses the regular one. He does not use the SZLC.

The super expensive SZLC is really more for mid level players who have too much money to spend and can't tell the difference.

Mizutani used the SZLC for a few tournaments right after it first came out. Then stopped using it and went right back to the regular JM blade.

The SZLC has more Zylon which actually is fine close to the table and gives a little extra spin. But when a high level player needs to play at all distances, once you are farther from the table the extra Zylon makes the blade non-linear and not have as good control. Sometimes, too much of a good thing is not so good.

But what I just said, not too many amateur players would feel that.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
I didn't consider getting one before, but when I got a hold of one while in Japan, I just couldn't resist.

I compared it side by side with the regular and the super was indeed super to me both in feel and physically/aesthetically.

b85257ef5b14cd498129cf74ed066ebe.jpg

c0203696cd75dec0fd2327ea02dd0f4b.jpg

This user has no status.
First thing to consider is that Jun Mizutani uses the regular one. He does not use the SZLC.

The super expensive SZLC is really more for mid level players who have too much money to spend and can't tell the difference.

Mizutani used the SZLC for a few tournaments right after it first came out. Then stopped using it and went right back to the regular JM blade.

The SZLC has more Zylon which actually is fine close to the table and gives a little extra spin. But when a high level player needs to play at all distances, once you are farther from the table the extra Zylon makes the blade non-linear and not have as good control. Sometimes, too much of a good thing is not so good.

But what I just said, not too many amateur players would feel that.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Jun Mizutani may have played with SZLC again at The Olympics with his Tenergy 80, I guess he wanted the extra speed (pictures was posted on forums and I also saw it with my own eyes, the thinner SZLC tag on his BH while serving). But it could possibly still be ZLC, but the different ZLC I've had has been the one before the remake and the one with hologram, but there is a thinner ZLC tag too right?

I would say it's a bit faster. I recently changed from ZLC to SZLC and I did it because I wanted a bit more speed to my short pips in FH. IMO both blades has a good ratio between control and speed. I wouldn't say the extra cost is worth it, but I've gotten sweet deals on my SZLC blades. Bought my first one used in excellent condition through a trade with my Photino and bought my spare one at 25% discount during Black Friday:D Both blades are supreme but I would never buy a SZLC at full price:rolleyes:

PS.

ITTF "Formidable China recognises threat from Japan"

http://www.ittf.com/2016/08/18/formidable-china-recognises-threat-japan/

The Border Mail "Best of day 6"

http://nnimgt-a.akamaihd.net/transf...3ed5.jpg/r0_208_3345_2089_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

ITTF "Jun Mizutani Wins Bronze"

http://dd7978b90kfgn.cloudfront.net/2016/08/MIZUTANI-Jun_PRG_9072-1024x683.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Thanks guys ,

So bottom line is that the SZLC is just faster?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Thanks paw.
Trying to figure out my self if its worth an extra 110 euros , as if 240 euros for a blade is not high enough :/

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Read 2 reviews
If you have the money and a desire to have SZLC then do it. At least you will be happy because you've done it in your life :)
Otherwise if the fact you wouldn't try the more expensive deal won't bother you - just save some money and spend it for extra-rubbers or smth.
IMHO eventually the most work is made by you - not by your gear :) Good luck having a decision!

Last edited: