fan zhendong returns to use infinity?!

says Do you change your rubber in your same blade (infinity...
says Do you change your rubber in your same blade (infinity...
Jun 2016
Read 6 reviews
Capture.jpg i picked this pic from chinese trials 2017 ,, seemingly fan back to use infinity blade :D

Attachments

• asssss.jpg
    asssss.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Oh no.
Here we go again.
[Emoji12]

how did you know that ?

He uses Butterfly Viscaria with Infinity handle...

Hahaha. Nice one Suga D.

It is hard to say what FZD is really using. But search for the many threads on the subject that are already out there. There are perhaps 5 or more threads on this subject.

The trouble with this subject is that it is possible FZD did change equipment. Also, it is easy to say, there have been a few times where something happened to FZD's main blade and his backup was a Viscaria with a Viscaria handle.

Also, from match footage, most of the time, when they get a good photo of the blade resting on the table and you can see the details of the plies, in the past, it always was a 7 ply blade with one ply that was composite. And the composite ply usually looked more like an ALC weave than pure Carbon.

There are photos of a hand holding a blade that has no rubbers on it. The hand looks like FZD's and the blade is a Viscaria blade face with an Infinity handle. HOWEVER, most likely these are FAKE, because FZD probably would not post such photos himself. But there is a rumor that the fake photos were made by friends of his as a prank because the friends know what he is using.

The only thing that can really be said about what blade FZD used in the past is that it was NOT an Infinity and it was a 7 ply blade.

What is he using now, without good photos from a real match, I am not sure it is worth speculating.

Some of the reasons I think it was probably a Viscaria in the past is the use of a backup with a Viscaria handle when his main blade had a problem in matches that were filmed. And the fact that I know someone who knows him who insists he uses a Viscaria. That part, to me, trumps the rest of the info.

But, he may have changed and, without a reliable source and good photos where you can tell, we may never really know.

But one thing is for sure, he has flat out lied in Stiga commercials more than once. Your speculation as to why is as good as mine.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
how did you know that ?

On some pictures you could see the edge of his blade. It had similar construction to Viscaria, Boll ALC etc... Someday he broke his blade and his replacement blade was a Viscaria. So probably his original blade also was a Viscaria with Infinity handle. The most logical is that he get a new Infinity handle.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Oh yeah, another thing we know for sure, as a junior, before being sponsored by Stiga, he definitely, without question and without deception, used Viscaria.

One thing is, since he is sponsored by Stiga he has claimed to use Stiga blade and rubbers in advertisements. We know for sure he has never used Stiga rubbers in International tournaments. Only in ads. And it is likely that he has never used a Stiga blade in a real tournament. Hard to prove. But fairly likely.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Hahaha. Nice one Suga D.

It is hard to say what FZD is really using. But search for the many threads on the subject that are already out there. There are perhaps 5 or more threads on this subject.

The trouble with this subject is that it is possible FZD did change equipment. Also, it is easy to say, there have been a few times where something happened to FZD's main blade and his backup was a Viscaria with a Viscaria handle.

Also, from match footage, most of the time, when they get a good photo of the blade resting on the table and you can see the details of the plies, in the past, it always was a 7 ply blade with one ply that was composite. And the composite ply usually looked more like an ALC weave than pure Carbon.

There are photos of a hand holding a blade that has no rubbers on it. The hand looks like FZD's and the blade is a Viscaria blade face with an Infinity handle. HOWEVER, most likely these are FAKE, because FZD probably would not post such photos himself. But there is a rumor that the fake photos were made by friends of his as a prank because the friends know what he is using.

The only thing that can really be said about what blade FZD used in the past is that it was NOT an Infinity and it was a 7 ply blade.

What is he using now, without good photos from a real match, I am not sure it is worth speculating.

Some of the reasons I think it was probably a Viscaria in the past is the use of a backup with a Viscaria handle when his main blade had a problem in matches that were filmed. And the fact that I know someone who knows him who insists he uses a Viscaria. That part, to me, trumps the rest of the info.

But, he may have changed and, without a reliable source and good photos where you can tell, we may never really know.

But one thing is for sure, he has flat out lied in Stiga commercials more than once. Your speculation as to why is as good as mine.

Hahaha. This topic seems to be undying.
[Emoji2]
Excellent reasoning, Carl.
I just like to add one more thing to this.

From my knowledge the textreme® cloth is actually an aramid/carbon cloth, very close to the arylate/carbon cloth, just looking a little darker since it's black&grey instead of black&blue and hence looks a little darker.
http://www.textreme.com/technology

In case a blademaker like Bobpuls or MDP or others read this, it can be also purchased here:
http://www.hoelleinshop.com/Zubehoe...icle&ProdNr=RG1902761&t=49303&c=67923&p=67923
[Emoji6]

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I finally came up with the Only True Answer to this ever-present question.

The blade of FZD is like Schroedinger's cat. It is in a state of quantum indeterminacy somewhere between a Viscaria and an Infinity -- simultaneously both but neither. And it will remain that way until one of the TTD members picks up the blade to examine it closely and that will collapse the wave function.

Until that happens, it is unknown and unknowable. Like Schroedinger's cat. Dead? Or Alive? (Or a zombie like my Karis rubber?).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I finally came up with the Only True Answer to this ever-present question.

The blade of FZD is like Schroedinger's cat. It is in a state of quantum indeterminacy somewhere between a Viscaria and an Infinity -- simultaneously both but neither. And it will remain that way until one of the TTD members picks up the blade to examine it closely and that will collapse the wave function.

Until that happens, it is unknown and unknowable. Like Schroedinger's cat. Dead? Or Alive? (Or a zombie like my Karis rubber?).

good one.
[Emoji23]
couldn´t breathe for a minute... and now my belly´s hurting

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl