New DHS 40+ Ball - TTNPP (Is it fake or is it real?)

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
The original terrible DHS 40+ (cellulose acetate version) had a pretty thick seam but I stopped using them a long time ago and I don't know what the more recently manufactured ones look like.

The seam on an NP40+ is hard to see without shining a pretty bright light through it.

The D40+ that I have a thick seam.

It is pretty mysterious where these thin seamed balls with D40+ labels are coming from, especially since somebody upthread reports some August ones with a thick seam.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
Read 5 reviews
I tested my new 40+ ball briefly today and to me it felt lighter less stable and not so spinny compairing to Nittaku premium. I didn´t like it that much but I will continue my testing tomorrow during proper practice session.

I practiced today with D40+ and compairing to Nittaku Premium I can say that D40+ is lighter a bit slower on slow balls and way slower when you hit hard. Same goes with the spin. Normal strokes there is not that much different comparing to NP but if you loop or drive hard spin just disappear. D40+ also feels a bit harder and same time thinner than Nähdään pian! so if you drive or smash hard it feels like the balls surface bends (sorry I don´t now correct word for this) and makes loud "blob" sound. I don´t know if this makes any sence to you but this is the best way I can describe it.

All and all D40+ is not totally bad ball. It is quite easy to play but doesn´t reward you when you loop/drive hard.

Reactions: gmiller2233
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
My club decided to use them as training balls. I haven't checked the seam thickness, but they feel quite light compared to Joola Flash. They play pretty good, easy to land the shots, nearly if they were celluloids (easier to generate arc than with the Flash). I practice serves with celluloid balls and they have a strange feeling now because I haven't played a match with them for 3 years. I can't even imagine how can someone play with those loud hard balls :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Well, I really tried to like those balls but they sound sooo bad. I can play with them, it’s not thaaat bad but they sound broken. What have they done? :(

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
I have not played that long with them, maybe 30 minutes. No cracks or so, they play fine I think (so far) but they sound like they are cracked old cellulloid balls, hollow and high pitched sound. Don't like that at all. The old D40+ sounded much much better (also NP40+)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
....i like it second to the sanwei abs balls.
Does that mean you like the Sanwei ABS ball more? I´m about to order new balls for our club and was hesitating because of Fabian´s latest experience with ttnpp and their thinner-seamed D40+ ABS balls.
Spinfactory has a good offer at the moment and most likely i´m gonna try it since i don´t have to wait for two weeks ´til they arrive.
https://www.spinfactory.de/baelle/40-abs-3star-ball-weiss-72er-packung.html

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
About a week or two, I inspected some DHS 40+ balls we bought in July or September with some DHS 40+ ones we bought at the beginning of the year.

The new ones have the thick seam. The old ones are all marked up and honestly I can't tell which seam it has. In either case, they all play the same and nobody seems to notice any difference so I haven't given much thought about the topic sense.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
well, the question is 40+ or D40+?

Whichever ones these are.

cache.php

http://ttnpp.com/store/3-stars/869-dhs-new-material-cell-free-dual-40-d40-3-stars-ball-x72-39.html

Honestly I don't know the difference (40+ to D40+). Description says...DHS NEW Material Cell-free dual 40+ D40+ 3 Stars Ball x72

Post edit. Think i get it. So there are the Ma Long pictured ones that say just 40+. Then there are these Ding Ning pictured ones that say d40+ on them.

I'll look tonight but I believe it's D40+

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Had to revive this thread to see what you guys think or where you get your DHS D40+ (maybe you've moved to a different ball) from.

Our club has been ordering DHS D40+ for some time now from TTNPP.

About a month ago or so, our local university club traveled to play & train at a professional academy in Korea and where told the balls we've been using are fake.

The part that raises my eyebrow is that they now have a contact who they real out to get authentic balls. That's the part that makes me suspicious. "Oh you have fake balls. Here buy from me and these are genuine." would be an easy story to pass off to foreigners.

The guy from the club supposedly has 14-ish real balls and I'll get my hands on them to do a comparison over the next couple of weeks. So I guess that'll be my real answer but was just curious what you guys thought or what you've been doing with these balls recently.