Yasaka mark v 1.8mm BH
I do however flip and use rpb.

Im hoping to change the yasaka rubber
As ive been using it since 4 september 2016

Im looking into
Tibhar MX-P
Hurricane neo 3
729 battle II

I want a rubber that can generate more spin on serves and i dont usually loop but counter attack more often. Anyone has any recommendations? Others outside of these 3? Im definitely on a budget and so im looking more towards the chinese rubber side.

Cheers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
I am trying the Tibhar series as it is said to be close to the Tenergy series. It is also cheaper in my country than rakza or around the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Just to be clear, you say you want to change the Mark V. But you're talking about using it for serves. Will you be using the new rubber mostly for BH or for FH?

Chinese tacky rubbers are about as far from short pips as you'll get with offensive inverted rubbers: utterly terrible for flat hitting, extremely spin sensitive. They are great, but unless you're looking to develop a looping game, look elsewhere. MX-P is more like it.

If you still want to do lots of flat hitting, but on inverted, look for grippy rubbers with a more sparse pimple structure and lower throw. (I.e. not energy 05 style, more like energy 64; type B following this scheme: https://ttgearlab.com/2017/02/13/three-typical-pimple-geometires-of-new-generation-tension-rubbers/ ).

Others will have better suggestions than me.

Last edited:
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Battle 2, out of that list.
But you don't really want to use it as a backhand when combined with pimples/anti. You want it on your forehand. All those rubbers you listed are forehand rubbers.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Just to be clear, you say you want to change the Mark V. But you're talking about using it for serves. Will you be using the new rubber mostly for BH or for FH?

Chinese tacky rubbers are about as far from short pips as you'll get with offensive inverted rubbers: utterly terrible for flat hitting, extremely spin sensitive. They are great, but unless you're looking to develop a looping game, look elsewhere. MX-P is more like it.

If you still want to do lots of flat hitting, but on inverted, look for grippy rubbers with a more sparse pimple structure and lower throw. (I.e. not energy 05 style, more like energy 64; type B following this scheme: https://ttgearlab.com/2017/02/13/three-typical-pimple-geometires-of-new-generation-tension-rubbers/ ).

This post is worth rereading. Perhaps rerereading too. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ttmonster
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
A 100 hours sheet of Stiga Calibra LT Plus... doesn't get much flatter than that.

This one might need a translator. But if you can figure out what Der is saying, this one deserves some kind of award. :)

From another perspective, Dawei 2008XP is probably an excellent choice and definitely worth the price tag.

Perhaps Der can give you the downlow on how he used that rubber to great effect for years in his classic Der_Echte special. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017

Im a penholder and i do flip. So backhand and forehand is kinda the same thing. From your post chinese rubber seems for me. I flip so my short pimple side can flat hit while the other side will be able to loop and create more spin on serves!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
This one might need a translator. But if you can figure out what Der is saying, this one deserves some kind of award. :)

From another perspective, Dawei 2008XP is probably an excellent choice and definitely worth the price tag.

Perhaps Der can give you the downlow on how he used that rubber to great effect for years in his classic Der_Echte special. :)

I see im not sure of which chinese rubber i should get
Hurricane neo 3
729 Battle II
Dawei 2008XP

Any suggestions and what are their differences for those who have tried them?