Forehand rubber Sriver replacement

This user has no status.
I have a question for you regarding the selection of rubber for the forehand. I returned to the game after 10 years (I train since January), so I've had a lot of lacks in my technique. So my first racket was Andro temper tech all +, Tibhar aurus on fh and tibhar aurus soft on bh. This set seemed a little too fast, so I changed the blade to Primorac JP with Butterfly Sriver on fh and acuda s3 on bh. While bh seems to be a good choice, the sriver after few games looks too slow for me ( I think so :D ) What rubber would you recommend to maintain good control but to gain some speed? I was thinking about Rozena- will this be a good choice? I rather prefer the offensive style of the game but I also want good control. Thanks for all opinions.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Do you have a reason why you want a different rubber on FH and BH? Like, is there something specifically different that causes the two wings to need different rubbers?

Often someone should use different rubbers on FH and BH. But, often they should not.

And if a person is just arbitrarily using different rubbers on FH and BH it is hard to tell if there is any useful benefit. And it can cause the two wings to develop asymmetrically. In other words it can cause one wing to develop faster than the other.

Have you flipped Acuda S3 around to see what it feels like on FH? If it feels a little too soft, you could think about S2. That might make sense, where the rubber is pretty close but a little harder for FH. But, if S3 works for FH, why not use it on both sides.

Aside from the CNT players, if you look at a lot of the top pros, they are also using the same rubber on FH and BH. Timo Boll is a good example. T05 on both wings.

On forums there seems to be this myth that FH and BH need different rubbers. Sometimes it is true. Often it is not. And when you are simply guessing in the dark or thinking, "is this a good BH rubber," that can get you in trouble. Any rubber can be good for a specific BH or FH. But there are not really rubbers that are for one wing or the other.

This user has no status.
I think that I'm still searching the best rubber form me, so I have two different rubbers on fh and bh. Also my bh is worse than fh so I need there a softer rubber with more control. I was trying acuda s3 on fh and it doesn't work for me but on bh this rubber is perfect. Maybe when my skills will be better there will be no need to put two different rubbers on both sides.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
I think that I'm still searching the best rubber form me, so I have two different rubbers on fh and bh. Also my bh is worse than fh so I need there a softer rubber with more control. I was trying acuda s3 on fh and it doesn't work for me but on bh this rubber is perfect. Maybe when my skills will be better there will be no need to put two different rubbers on both sides.

What’s exactly wrong with it? Most new generation rubbers are closer in playing characteristics to Acuda than to Sriver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
What’s exactly wrong with it? Most new generation rubbers are closer in playing characteristics to Acuda than to Sriver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If You asking about sriver it's too slow for me now... So I think about Rozena. It's quite new rubber but opinions are good. Maybe will suits to me

Wysłane z mojego F8331 przy użyciu Tapatalka

This user has no status.
I have a question for you regarding the selection of rubber for the forehand. I returned to the game after 10 years (I train since January), so I've had a lot of lacks in my technique. So my first racket was Andro temper tech all +, Tibhar aurus on fh and tibhar aurus soft on bh. This set seemed a little too fast, so I changed the blade to Primorac JP with Butterfly Sriver on fh and acuda s3 on bh. While bh seems to be a good choice, the sriver after few games looks too slow for me ( I think so :D ) What rubber would you recommend to maintain good control but to gain some speed? I was thinking about Rozena- will this be a good choice? I rather prefer the offensive style of the game but I also want good control. Thanks for all opinions.

I feel like the exact answer is the speed glue version which is Sriver G3.
Sriver like Mark V I feel doesn't have anything similar that is new. But there are perhaps new rubbers like the Xiom Vega Intro which seem to be said by a lot of people the do it all rubber like Sriver except little more speed and spin

Reactions: BeGo