Progression from Vega Pro

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I concur with langel, no ONE way is gunna be absolute, but fundamentals are fundamentals.

I also tried VP on White Ash outer kinda blade, works great for me there too.

Somehow on FH, I seem to like those dynamic med-med soft modern control rubbers. Don't know why, but I get my best control and consistency with safety using a high arching shot with those.

Reactions: Jirrex
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
I agree with Der-Echte, VP is a great control rubber for me too. I use it on FH for my OSP (rakza 7 BH) and FH for my homemade limba-limba-kiri (Mx-p BH). I can produce a lot of spin, slow/fast loops without issue, and place the ball exactly where I want on the table.

Fastarc G-1 is what I use on both sides of my homemade limba-alc-spruce-kiri, and it feels like a slightly enhanced version of VP.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Not dirty at all, just straight TT talk. Americans hear "Balls" and "Penetrating" and "Rubber" and already have their own ideas what is going on. It is regrettable. Penetration is commonly accepted as the TT term for making a shot land deeper, often with more spin or pace... and more likely to trouble or get by an opponent.

I could take a selfie picture of all our crew playing TT at Church Friday night... with the caption of...

"Drinking with the boyz at Church"

or

"Drinking at the Club doing my thing"

or

"Popping open a few cold ones at Church"

... and of course all of these captions posted to social media would immediately be taking for drinking beerz at Church... even if it is just the seltzer carbonated water I always bring for everyone while we all enjoy TT.

I get the American view of it all, I deal with this kind of thing quite often with my non-TT playing friends.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
We could also go into a few paragraphs on discussion of the properties of match balls in the sport... players preferring a softer feeling one or a harder feeling one or a heavier feeling one or the ability to feel the ball.

I once had a female Korean coach talk about me or my shots during a match... saying... "William의 공은 다 지저분 해. 아 싫어 죽겠다."... which literally means "I really hate it. William's keeps giving me dirty Balls"... or "William's balls are just nasty, I really hate it."

Of course an American would immediately pound the censorship button and get morally offended... but all Koreans know the meaning is "William's shots are nasty, I hate it" ... or "The ball movement on his shots is nasty, I hate it."

Reactions: Jirrex
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
We could also go into a few paragraphs on discussion of the properties of match balls in the sport... players preferring a softer feeling one or a harder feeling one or a heavier feeling one or the ability to feel the ball.

I once had a female Korean coach talk about me or my shots during a match... saying... "William의 공은 다 지저분 해. 아 싫어 죽겠다."... which literally means "I really hate it. William's keeps giving me dirty Balls"... or "William's balls are just nasty, I really hate it."

Of course an American would immediately pound the censorship button and get morally offended... but all Koreans know the meaning is "William's shots are nasty, I hate it" ... or "The ball movement on his shots is nasty, I hate it."

Lol... I was doing my occasional 'what else plays like vega pro that i'd like to try' search and I found this wonderful piece on balls.

Thanks for the smiles! 다음에 LA로 놀러오면 같이 노라줘요! :D

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Lol... I was doing my occasional 'what else plays like vega pro that i'd like to try' search and I found this wonderful piece on balls.

Thanks for the smiles! 다음에 LA로 놀러오면 같이 노라줘요! :D

그래. 언젠간 만나보자 !! If you run into Ming at one of the Korean clubs, let him know, he will usually know when I am heading to town.

To put this in even more context, the female coach who said this is USATT 2300-2400 level and is not exactly ugly by anyone's standards. Here is one of the last pics I took in my Korean club north of Seoul before I left Korea. The is the coach who said that LULZ.

lss coach 3.jpg

Reactions: Atas Newton