Nittaku acoustic blade - any good?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
I'm thinking of purchasing this blade. I've seen a few reviews and it looks positive.

Anybody else using or tried it?

I also wanted to know if it has more control than Viscaria and Ma Long 3 blades.

Thanks

This user has no status.
Yes, it does. Possibly among the top most controllable blades with plenty of speed. I recently jumped on the Black Friday deal TT11 had and bought one (larger handle). I've used a number of blades in the past including ZJK ALC, HL5, Treiber Z, etc. and I have to say I'm extremely satisifed with Acoustic. The craftsmanship is also superb.

One thing to note is that some people claim the original handle is a bit too thin. I suppose that may be true because my hand is relatively small (Asian hand) and I find large handle version to be perfect.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
I've just changed my setup
I used to play with Korbel / FH T80 1.9mm / BH Spinart 2.1mm
kept the same rubbers and i have the Acoustic Carbon Inner
so maybe not the same than yours

FH its really fantastic, same feeling and touch than Korbel but so much more power
BH im struggling a bit, a bit less control with my blocking game, and for opening loop, flick , the feeling is different, i had a tight grip and used the wrist a lot, i feel like one needs to be much more relaxed when using this blade cause its too fast else. So i'm adjusting a bit my BH technique. BH drive has also much more power.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I bought a Acuostic Carbon Inner a few months ago. A really good blade.
Good feel and decent enough speed. Played with a Viscaria earlier, but the decreased speed and increased feel of the acoustic inner suits me just right. :)

The Acoustic Carbon outer even has more feel than the Viscaria, but less than the inner Acoustic.

This user has no status.
Great to hear that there's another new Acoustic user on the forum!
Despite that I have switched to carbon blades for a long while, it remains one of my favorite blades of all time. I used to pair Acoustic with S2 on FH and M2 on BH, which makes a nice setup for looping.
Acoustic is a versatile all-wood blade with far more control and spin potential than Viscaria and Ma Long 3. Since Acousitc is slightly head-heavy, for those who prefer to use well-balanced blades, be mindful of the weight of rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Acoustic is perfect blade but dwell time is too long so its perfect for topspin style but table tennis is right now for different type OF game

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
It is true that the plastic ball has resulted in several changes to the way the game is played. Unless you play at the top level of the sport - international level, national level - the Acoustic will be great for you even with the plastic ball. Major changes in the way the game is played are less and less noticeable as we go down the ladder.