Tenergy -> Aurus Select: Thickness & Blade

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Actually, the down the line FH shot, since you are rotating waist/shoulders, you are actually MOVING (rotating that center of impact zone backwards) the prime effective impact zone further back so when you strike the ball, it is actually still in the middle of the impact zone to unleash your normal shot.

All that is different form your normal crosscourt shot is that you have rotated some more and wait just a tiny bit more.

if you are failing under pressure to hit down the line, maybe you didn't rotate waist/shoulders. Maybe your feet and stance were too much oriented to play cross-court again. (Maybe you didn't reset feet during recovery phase.)

Personally, for me, when I miss this shot is because I was not in the right position. Often when I miss, I needed to have moved forward a step so the ball is in the right part of the zone and my body ready to go down the line. Often, on the down the line shot I miss, I just didn't judge the ball and didn't get into effective position, but I still tried to make the play - bad idea.

Reactions: Beep-Beep
Just saw your latest post now; it makes sense!

I think I do that; but somehow it was easier to land the ball with the more controlled rubber, club-bat.

I have one last question.

If I choose to go with the Rossi Emotion will there be any reason to go with 1.9?

And one more :)
Do you have any experience with Andro Temper Tech All+ ?

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Never played with any of those bats, so I cannot say a thing.

If you drive the ball, or impact solidly on BH as you get your spin, 1.9 will not be a problem for you. I tried a tenergy in 1.9 and was surprised I could still what I do on BH with it.

Any of those blades you discussed have the possibility to work for you. None of them are ridiculous quick rebounding.

If you are doing your thing in the individual/group training Amager BTK provides you, I see no reason why you cannot develop better consistency with any of those blades with either Aurus variants or Vega variants, just discover the right sponge hardness for what you do on each wing.

This user has no status.
Tenergy -> Aurus Select: Thickness & Blade

If I choose to go with the Rossi Emotion will there be any reason to go with 1.9?

Just keep in mind that the Rossi Emotion is an OFF rated blade which is faster than the Primorac (OFF-).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just keep in mind that the Rossi Emotion is an OFF rated blade which is faster than the Primorac (OFF-).

Yeah I know. I probably wait a bit with Rossi, and continue with Appelgreen Allplay or switch to Primorac OFF- or Andro Temper Tech ALL+ - see what works best.

This user has no status.
Yeah I know. I probably wait a bit with Rossi, and continue with Appelgreen Allplay or switch to Primorac OFF- or Andro Temper Tech ALL+ - see what works best.

By the way: I like Xiom Vega Asia DF paired with an OFF- blade as an intermediate setup..(It would probably work with ALL+ too).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Rossi Emotion with 82 grams wont be off blade, aruna quadri with 87 grams is off blade.
...with 1,8 rakza 7 soft the bat/ setup will be lighter
So you will have speed for driving
With 1,8 rakza 7 soft you will play with high throw blade and high throw rubber so next step... you will have No problems with downspin.
Of course i can say that you can find better setup but you can try 1,8 r7 s on your Spirit first Because maybe have bigger head size next you can Put on temper tech or rossi emotion. You need speed up your stroke even I dont know How you play