Searching for new blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Hey!
I would say I'm an medium-advanced amature player. Currently using Joola K7 with Butterfly Sriver FX rubbers. My problem is that the K7 blade is dead, no feel to it and it is really hard to control the ball. One of the guys in the club have a Timo Boll ALC with Joola Rhyzm-P rubbers, and OMG how much more feel that blade has! It is a bit pricey though. I'm thinking of trying out the new Timo Ball CAF, because I've red pretty good reviews on it. mostly saying it has the same speed than the TB ALC but with more control. Firtsly I would stick to the Sriver FX rubbers and later on switch to Rozena or Tenergy. I need something fast, but not extreme fast with really good feel and control. Any thougths? Or other suggerstions?
Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
So I nailed it down to 4 blades:
XIOM Extreme S
Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive
Butterfly Timo Boll CAF
Butterfly Viscaria

The XIOM and the Yasaka are a lot cheaper than the Butterflys. Both 4 have really good reviews. Also the XIOM and Yasaka are all wood blades wich may add to have more feel to them. So wich one would you choose?

Last edited:
Xiom Stradivarius for me. The newer one (redesigned handle) is a bit slower compared to the older Stradi model, at least the one I have now. All the baldes you have mentioned are good with the least preference on the Yasaka YEO.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Does the stradivarious have a good feel to it? Back in the day I've used 7 ply all wood blades, also had a Butterfly Grubba Carbon ALL+ and those had amazing feels, like you could almost feel the ball in your hands. The JOOLA K7 has none, I really hate it. One of the guys in the club used it before and said the same thing and told me to put it in the trash :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Xiom Stradivarius for me. The newer one (redesigned handle) is a bit slower compared to the older Stradi model, at least the one I have now. All the baldes you have mentioned are good with the least preference on the Yasaka YEO.
i am now using Xiom Vega Euro blade, i think it is better than Xiom stravivadius, more woody feeling, but speed is better @@

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
I think I'm going with the Xiom Extreme S, but thinking of trying some Xiom rubbers too. I used mostly Butterfly before. What rubbers would you suggest for the Extreme S?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
I use Butterfly Sriver FXs now. Used Rhyzm and Express Ultra but was way toooo fast and no feeling and no control. The sriver fxs are better, but the K7 blade sucks a lots

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
I used the the Rhyzm, not the Rhyzm P, I think the Rhyzm P is even faster, because of the new balls. But my main problem wasn't the speed. It was the feeling. Just tried the rhyzm out on a 7 ply all wood blade, and how much more feeling and control than the K7, OMG!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Still thinking bit between the Xiom Offensive S and Extreme S blades. How big of a differrence are there in speed, feel and control between the two?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Buy victas zx in, and Thank me later.
Feeling
Soul
Good feedback
Touch
Not very fast
High throw
Crisp feel

Put xiom Vega asia df in 2.0 and you will have extra control.

Reactions: trumpet_guy
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Still thinking bit between the Xiom Offensive S and Extreme S blades. How big of a differrence are there in speed, feel and control between the two?

Any reason you would not go with the slower blade so you can get the faster rubbers which will also surely feel better.

Like, the Offensive S with the Rhyzm P that was on the TB ALC? That should feel pretty good and the blade being slower but the rubbers faster may give you about the speed you are looking for.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
What differrence does it make for example using a fast blade with a bit slower rubbers versus a slower blade with fast rubbers?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What differrence does it make for example using a fast blade with a bit slower rubbers versus a slower blade with fast rubbers?

Often slower have a higher degree of feeling. Often the newer rubbers are faster, spinnier and really feel great.

If you have a slower blade and faster spinnier rubbers and that feels great and is the speed you want, you have what you are looking for.

There are times when players want faster blades with less spin sensitive rubbers (like Sriver FX) because they get the extra kick of speed from the blade when they need it but more control, especially in short game from the less spin sensitive rubbers. This makes the short game and serve return easier but the power attacks a little less powerful.

The slower blade, faster spinnier rubbers will make you need to exert more precision and control in short game. But once you are looping, looping will feel WAY better.

It is a tradeoff. But it will definitely feel better.

I would also say you could use Xiom Offensive S with Tenergy 05 and that will feel amazing and give you great spin.

But blade and rubber choices are really up to you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
So I nailed it down to 4 blades:
XIOM Extreme S
Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive
Butterfly Timo Boll CAF
Butterfly Viscaria

The XIOM and the Yasaka are a lot cheaper than the Butterflys. Both 4 have really good reviews. Also the XIOM and Yasaka are all wood blades wich may add to have more feel to them. So wich one would you choose?

What do u think about the CAF? As fast as the ALC but better control?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Well I've red so many reviews it is still hard to decide. I don't want to spend that much money on equipment, so I'm not buying any butterfly stuff right now, especially not tenergy.
Mostly now I'm torn between the Offensive S and Extreme S blade and the Vega Europe and Vega Pro rubbers. They all have amazing reviews. I just don't know wich combination would be the best. I want to have good feel and controll and want to have that catapult effect and good spin, but not insane crazy speed that it gets out of control. Other forums say that the Extreme S is close to the Timo Boll ALC in speed, a bit slower maybe and has good control, but someone say it is too fast.
Mostly I was thinking Offensive S with Vega Pro or Extreme S with Vega Euro. Don't know if the Extreme S with Vega Pro would be too fast and out of control?
I hate it when the feel is too soft and mushy, I like a bit harder feel that still gives good resonance to my hand if you know what I mean, but not so hard I feel like I'm hitting with concrete.
So many options, so hard to choose. Wich combination would you guys choose?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
The Extreme S would give you more of that solid direct feel than the Offensive S.

But, the Extreme S leans towards the thicker end of 7-plies (7mm+) which starts to dull the impact sensation. I find it acceptable, but I play short pips, low-impact inverted players might not like it so much.

If you want something similar, a "Clipperoid" at ~6.6-6.7mm would give more feel. A thinner, Clipper wood (not CR) and Korbel SK7 would be great, but any 6.7mm 7-ply limba-ayous blade from another brand would work equally.

That being said, I think you are thinking way ahead of your game in terms of equipment. If you are new, the Donic Persson Powerplay feels even better (much) than clipper-types, but slower. I would recommend starting with this.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
I'm not a beginner. I've been playing for about 4-5 years. Not a pro though. Just want to find something I can stick with already. Korbel SK7 doesn't have really good reviews on control and feel.
My dad had an old stiga blade and he put on the rhyzm I had before. It feels almost what I'm looking for. Can someone tell me what kind of wood is this? Doesn't have anything written on it. I see it is 7 ply all wood.