Lost in choice of rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
It's logical to go for a thinner sponge if you stay close and like to hit without much spin. I would second Omega 7 Euro. The Rhyzer 45 is another easy to hit with. For the moment I really like D05(1.9) for hitting and general control, I even think to get one for my other side . May even try D80 . The only thing I doubt is that a hard rubber will be easier to hit with

Last edited:
Reactions: Jurgen Heylen
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Use a more controled rubber with decent spin.I am using the gold arc 8 on fh and i must say it is a treat because it is good at everything.I tried tenergy 05 ofc but for me for the controled game it was to jumpy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2020
I'm a intermediate player and thinking about new rubbers.
I read a lot about hardness, spin, trowing angle..... But I can't chose

I have a disability on my legs so i play close to the table. Cant bent good my knees so topsin is hard for me.
I like to push on the BH and dont attack often, on the fh i attack non spinny bals

I play with accoustic and bh : razka soft and fh: T05

Anybody any suggestions for me ?

Hello Jurgen! Based on your play style it seems that something on the spinier end is preferred. I’d also say that you would need a rubber that’s somewhat fast (but not crazy offensive) so that you generate relatively strong shots without relying on your knees. I’d recommend Joola Rhyzm. I used to use tenergy 05 quite a few years ago. Although its great for offensive players, tenergy feels rather too strong and tough to control the ball in short game. Rhyzm (on backhand and forehand) was a great solution. It isn’t nearly as powerful as tenergy, but seems slightly more tacky, allowing you to generate more spin. Where it truly shines is in control, your spin and block game will surely be bolstered by Rhyzm. I’m not too experienced with blades though... I’ve more or less used two blades my entire life. Timo Boll ALC is a popular choice and recommended for aggressive play styles, but it seems to pair well with Rhyzm which lacks in power. The decision is yours my friend... I hope this helped ;)

Reactions: Jurgen Heylen