USA Table Tennis at it's finest

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Well, I think any discussion is better off when it is dealing with facts, and the tournament participation numbers that had been quoted were simply wrong, so I corrected them. Here's another way to look at the size of organized TT in America. There are more murderers who have served their time and been released from prison or are on parole than there are USATT members.

You odds of sitting next to a murderer on an airplane in the usa are better than sitting next to a USATT member. I would welcome a change in that fact either by increasing membership or by decreasing murder. :)

To compare: The Dutch TT Association (NTTB) has around 35.000 members, in a country with 16.7 million inhabitants. :)

Read on the site of the NTTB: "At this moment we are a relatively small sports association..." xD

Last edited:
This user has no status.
To compare: The Dutch TT Association (NTTB) has around 35.000 members, in a country with 16.7 million inhabitants. :)

Read on the site of the NTTB: "At this moment we are a relatively small sports association..." xD

Just to compare also : the Belgian (divided into Flemish part and Walloon part and Brussels part ; yes Belgium is a very complicated small country) table tennis associations have about 25000 members (i would say 95% of them actively playing in competition, some are just on the list for practical reasons) in a country of 10,8 million inhabitants.

I just spoke to a 2nd division player of Belgium , and he said the Belgian youngsters will not do good in the future, the associations in Belgium are divided, not enough good coaches (one of them just stopped because of health problems, a small country with the typical Belgian fighting between Flemish and Walloon parts making the functioning of table tennis organisations even weaker).
He also said that the Italian open junior event is not a strong one, so the Belgians winning the doubles final doesn't mean too much really.

On world level there is only China, Japan, Korea, Germany, France who will deliver the future players (and here and there an individual talent of course).

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
It was really entertaining to watch Landers play in the qualification. Without a doubt he's a great player and in my opinion he will improve more to be the best USA player ever.
I strongly disagree with everyone saying that Landers have nothing special in his game. I think that he has a killer forehand and I like how he is 1 shooting his opponents.
I am the person who doesn't care what equipment pro's use, but I promised my friend that I will ask: maybe anyone knows with what setup Landers is playing?? :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
It was really entertaining to watch Landers play in the qualification. Without a doubt he's a great player and in my opinion he will improve more to be the best USA player ever.
I strongly disagree with everyone saying that Landers have nothing special in his game. I think that he has a killer forehand and I like how he is 1 shooting his opponents.
I am the person who doesn't care what equipment pro's use, but I promised my friend that I will ask: maybe anyone knows with what setup Landers is playing?? :)

timo boll alc with 05 both sides, or 64 on the bh, not sure atm