What is the best alternative for Tenergy 05?

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Chinese rubbers aren't a substitue for T05. In general it should be this list for T05 alternatives:

Donic Baracuda
Xiom Vega Pro
Donic Bluefire M1
Tibhar Evolution MX-P
Nittaku Fastarc G1
Yasaka Rakza 7

Now people have to understand, all of them are ESN and play completely different to T05, they just share "some characterisitics". So if you want that special feeling of the non bounciness of the T05, go for Vega Pro, if you like the throw of T05, you should try the softer Donic Baracuda, if you like your T05 a little bit faster you can try Bluefire, Evo, Rakza 7 or the Nittaku. Which one of these, people have to find out by theirself. It is very subjective.

I haven't followed one of these threads in a couple of years. Doesn't seem like there has been anything much new in this category for a couple of years.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
To me what will be interesting is when all the companies start figuring out topsheets that work better for the plastic ball. I know there are rubbers like Rasant, Rhyzm-P and Victas that and presenting that they have been designed for the Poly ball. I know Victas's topsheet really does grab the Poly ball well. Trying Victas actually got me to switch from Tenergy even though I like Tenergy's sponge better.

So I would be interested to see if Butterfly comes up with a new line for the Poly ball at some point. But right now I am happy with Victas V>01 Stiff for FH and Victas V>01 Limber for BH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Didn't work at all for me, I did not like the touch, had big problems with my bh block, the ball just died on the racket.

Yes, that is the part that needs work (hitting/blocking). The spin and control on topspin is the similarity. I find now that I have more control with it than with Tenergy 05, but it didn't start out that way as I had to get more active in my blocks.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Addidas rubber is made by ESN (as with nearly every other Tenergy alternative mentioned here) so it's not going to be a bad rubber. Actually, what little of Adidas TT stuff I have tried has been quite decent (in reply to comments up the thread that I now realize are about a year old, so I guess I'm not saying anything new :rolleyes:).

I still found Evolution to be the closest, but I certainly haven't tried everything. If you find MX-P too hard, there is a lot to be said for EL-P. I actually found that one to be a little closer to T-05.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I'm intrigued by the big dipper rubber, and I had some questions. Would you mind if I messaged you?

OF course, you can message me. I'm not an EJ and I switched to Big Dipper mostly because of the plastic ball - before that, I used T05. I posted a sample of my looping with Big Dipper. I am a close to the table player though, FWIW.

I still found Evolution to be the closest, but I certainly haven't tried everything. If you find MX-P too hard, there is a lot to be said for EL-P. I actually found that one to be a little closer to T-05.

I won't comapred Evo MX-P with unboosted T05 btw, it is much faster and dynamic than an unboosted T05. Boosted T05 is uncomparable for me, amazing in every aspects of the game and I would play with it anyday if it was not for cost/durability issues and my will to not boost (because its a pain task to be done, take several days and the results are not always the same and because I somehow wanna follow the rules....), but there are many alternatives to unboosted T05 if you are looking for something more powerfull and faster and MX-P is certainly the best one I've tried so far.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
so basically after about 4-6 years now.. there is no good true replacement for T05?

wow... that proprietary top sheet and sponge can not be reversed engineered? amazing eh?

i too have not found a true replacement..

but with the game going to poly ball, the solution is sticky chinese like topsheet for both sides.. IMHO

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
so basically after about 4-6 years now.. there is no good true replacement for T05?

wow... that proprietary top sheet and sponge can not be reversed engineered? amazing eh?

i too have not found a true replacement..

but with the game going to poly ball, the solution is sticky chinese like topsheet for both sides.. IMHO

Well, they now have a few rubbers designed for the poly ball that really grab the ball well. Better than any of the old rubbers in terms of how they grab and spin the poly ball.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I won't comapred Evo MX-P with unboosted T05 btw, it is much faster and dynamic than an unboosted T05. Boosted T05 is uncomparable for me, amazing in every aspects of the game and I would play with it anyday if it was not for cost/durability issues and my will to not boost (because its a pain task to be done, take several days and the results are not always the same and because I somehow wanna follow the rules....), but there are many alternatives to unboosted T05 if you are looking for something more powerfull and faster and MX-P is certainly the best one I've tried so far.

I wonder what Evo MX-P plays like boosted? hahaha. I hit with it for a few min and thought it was pretty impressive and then a friend hit with the same racket and I had never felt his loop have so much spin.