Do you often blame on yourself?

says Tabletennis player from Sweden and Italy. Swedish club...
May 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hi!

Like the title the ask is if you are blaming of yourself when you miss a ball or serve?

In my club we have one player that always blames on himself and yells at himself.

Is this ok? I know that many players are blaming on their self put he is do it every point

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
It is a military way of holding oneself accountable. still, a lot of the time a better opponent had something to do with the missed ball, but the player did not realize it yet.

true. some of us know the whole army experience. or some of it at least.

as for the better opponent it would ofcourse depend on the situation. but even though the better has made the point it could help to blame yourself for it anyway do try and avoid or counter such scenario.

May 2013
Read 3 reviews
But he is blaming so much that he loses 80% of hims games, we all blame but he blames like no other. He is the player that i have seen most that blame and scream on himself

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
I do blame myself but I think I only do it because it´s quite normal to do that in tabletennis.
I think it´s because it seems so easy to make that little ball fly to the other side of the table.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Better than blaming the material or others. :)

Nice posts guys, I agree with similar posts to Steven and others here. It is good to blame yourself I think but in a positive, constructive way. I think its important to acknowledge your own mistakes and then work on them. If one blames their equipment or other external influences such as the 'lights, tables, bad bounce, rubbers, opponents' then it will be hard to improve. Self reflection is very important in improving I believe. I think professionals will do this very well, I read a paragraph about Jan Ove Waldner once, It said, when Waldner or his coach found a weakness within his game, he turned it into a strength within 2 weeks. I like this as it shows one must know his weakness and work on them, and not to hide away from it.

Enjoy and love the game :)