First Tournament Victory (at seniors). Thanks all

This user has no status.
Dear All,

Last week I finally got my first decent tournament victory at senior level. Dan suggested I should share this with you by making this post. I thought about it and yeah it is a great idea. In the links below you can find the video of the last 2 sets (I am the guy in black/gold china national shirt). The match ended up in 3-2 and the first sets are also visible in the other video (after 30minutes). It might not be the best match I played, but well I still won the first price:cool:: digital camera of Canon.

Last 2 games
Last game from other angle
After 30 minutes first part of the Match

I think this victory has also a lot to do with all the information I picked up from this forum. Especially the tips from members as Der_Echte, UpSideDownCarl, Dan, PingPongPom, WiWa, and of course everyone else. I am still really slow on my feet, but I winning in the first match of the season gives me confidence I will get more good results this year.

Also the change in equipment will have helped. I will post a review regarding my current set-up later. I am super happy with my bluefire m1 and got really good control with my Barracuda.

I hope everyone keeps up the good work and I am looking forward to my next tournament victory!

Ps. Anyone got tips?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Congratulations!

I would advise a little higher ball toss on serve as well.

Further to what Der_Echte has said, almost all of your serves looked illegal. You weren't throwing the ball high enough or even straight. The fast cross-court serve towards the end was definitely not legal, and most strong players/umpires just wouldn't have played it.

Has anyone ever commented on your serves in a match before?

This user has no status.
Congratulations!

Further to what Der_Echte has said, almost all of your serves looked illegal. You weren't throwing the ball high enough or even straight. The fast cross-court serve towards the end was definitely not legal, and most strong players/umpires just wouldn't have played it.

Has anyone ever commented on your serves in a match before?
Firstly thanks for the grats and comments. Actually this is the first time I have comments on my serves. I will change it and trow higher from now on.
I guess nobody commented because I don't play national level table tennis and I show the ball at all time. Even though I might not toss the ball high enough (or straight, few do), the ball is visible at all time. I don't cover the serve and for most serves you should be able to see exactly what type is serve I played. A perfect serve following all rules are not played much at my level. however, my teammate has had several comments regarding the illegality of his serve, and I have not received any comments.

thanks and I will improve on playing even better serves following the rules more :rolleyes:
Send from my Samsung galaxy S using tapatalk 2

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Wow! Congrats!

As for the serves, it's hard to do a 100% legal serve ALL the time. The rulebook is insane. However, having said that, I don't mind your short toss but rocket fast serves with a short toss does make me uncomfortable. Just toss a little higher and it becomes very hard to do those serves. Am sure you will work on it and improve there as well.

All the best for your next tournament!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Wow! Well done winning! Nice prize you won to :)

Great to hear all the tips you have received from TTD members has improved your game. I will give you some tips tonight when I'm on my computer to watch the videos :)

Congrats!

This user has no status.
Thanks all. regarding the toss. With training it does not make a big difference with the short serves when throwing higher. Although it is harder to do the"rocket" serve, I am confided I can do the same quality serve with a little training.

my next tournament is in 2 Weeks, but this is not a high quality tournament and has few players. this tournament is more for warming up for the competition. still I want to win it :D

This user has no status.
too bad. the small tournament of last week did not end up in a victory. I struggled myself into the finals, but got destroyed by my opponent 11-6 14-12 12-10. I don't think it had to do with a higher service toss. Never really felt like winning the whole day. This week the competition will start and hopefully I just had one bad day and will preform better during the competition. What ever happens I will keep training and following the forum!