Who do you think will win the Qatar Open 2014 - ITTF World Tour?

• Ma Long

Votes: 37 51.4%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Yan An

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Chuang CHih Yuan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

• Marcos Freitas

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Kenta Matsudaira

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other (Post Below)

• Total voters
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
FZD barely won against Pär gerell (SWE) with 11-9 in the 7th after Pär leading with 3:0

Yeah, I saw that and could not figure it out. I tried to find footage. Is there any? Does anyone know what happened in that match. Was Par playing great? Was Fan off rhythm? Or was he overlooking Par? Could be a wakeup call for Fan. We will see.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Yeah, I saw that and could not figure it out. I tried to find footage. Is there any? Does anyone know what happened in that match. Was Par playing great? Was Fan off rhythm? Or was he overlooking Par? Could be a wakeup call for Fan. We will see.

I would also love to see some footage, and sinne FZD won the 4th set with 12:10 its possibly that Pär even had a match point!, but im not sure if he had.

Skickas från min iPad via Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Should be easy for Ma Long as he was the only Chinese in the first half. Shiono must have done some real damage to ML in his fight. I think if XX proceed any further he will be next month's WR number 1.

Jun just does not have a strong FH to kill Joo's chop.

FZD is in trouble trailing 1:3 against Cho Eonrae. See if he can pull out of it this time. !!! 3:3 and 10:10 now!!!

!!! FZD is out 10:12 !!!

Seems no one can stop XX this time!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
new female commentator? sounds much less pretentious than the previous regular commentator. really glad that ittf is doing something about commentators.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Wow that is a great stat! I hadnt realised Masato played Internationally that long ago. You are right I wonder if they remember one another's matches. I suspect Shiono will. Was Ma Long World No.1 Junior at the time?

I'm not sure about Ma Long's World Junior Ranking at the time, but he went on to win 2004 World Junior Championships, beating no other than CHO Eonrae in the final. CHO was also the runner up in previous year (2003)'s World Junior Championships, losing to Li Hu (representing China then) in the final. In 2003, Li Hu beat Zhang Jike in the quarter finals. Ma Long also lost in the quarter finals that year. Zhang Jike did not participate in 2004 World Junior Championships because he was already sent back to provincial team earlier 2004, around summer time.

Reactions: Dan
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
All of Chinese players except of Xu Xin lost! Xu Xin and Ovtchrov will probably get in the final. Ovtcharov fought well last time against Xu Xin in semi-final of World Cup. He has chanc to beat Xu Xin.

I hope Ma Long's injury is no so serious, so he can play in trails for WTTTC.

I guess when you wrote this OVtcharov had not been beaten yet.