Your favorite chinese/chinese like rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
My fav Chinese rubber was probably Geospin Tacky or Gambler Wrath. Both of these were similar in that they were on pretty soft sponges for Chinese rubbers. I don't like hard, stiff sponges. I prefer the feel of something springier.

In my experience while both these rubbers come crazy tacky when new, we're tallking being able to pick the ball off the table and hold it upside down for a minute or so, they, just like every other Chinese rubber I've ever had, can no longer come close to repeating that feat within a few days of playing. I clean my rubbers & use protectors after every use. Still same story. So in the end I always felt like I ended up with topsheets that are very grippy but no longer tacky. Basically like euro topsheets but not as good of sponges. That's why I made the switch to some higher dollar rubbers.

Whew that was long winded. Anyways, Geospin Tacky & Gambler Wrath play pretty nice even after the tackyness wears off as they're on nice soft to medium sponges. Can generate a good amount of spin IMO.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Battle 2 or Battle 2 provincial!!! 49º or 39-40º chinese scale.

b2 pro1.JPGb2 pro2.JPGb2 pro3.JPGb2 pro4.JPG

Are you using this one? Some distributors are selling it as 729 Battle 2 Provincial.

Without boosting, is it comparable to H3 Provincial?

Also, can you tell me about the durability?

View attachment 13960View attachment 13961View attachment 13962View attachment 13963

Are you using this one? Some distributors are selling it as 729 Battle 2 Provincial.

Without boosting, is it comparable to H3 Provincial?

Also, can you tell me about the durability?

Yes, that one =) Durability is amazingly good! As long as you clean it time to time. As all chinese rubbers they collect dust more easily. Non boosted its slower but alot och control and very high spin. Higher throw angle.
Boosted it really shines!

Reactions: Lee91
This user has no status.
Genesis M :D
Hi Tom. Which DHS rubbers are closest to the Genesis M ? I'm eager to try Genesis M rubber on my BH side. But based on my personal experience using DHS rubbers on BH, I don't really like the tackiness from DHS rubbers especially Hurricane series when used it on BH. Do you think Genesis has the same feeling as the DHS rubbers on BH ? I've already seen your video review of Genesis M rubbers with Dan many times, but I'm still unsure to try that rubber out because I'm worried that Genesis M will give me the same tackiness feels of DHS Hurricane.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
My favorite chinese rubber is Palio Extreme CJ 8000 spin.
I use it in black 1.8 on forehand of a DHS Hurricane Hao. I clean sticky rubbers with broad adhesive tape.

Reactions: bobpuls
Hi Tom. Which DHS rubbers are closest to the Genesis M ? I'm eager to try Genesis M rubber on my BH side. But based on my personal experience using DHS rubbers on BH, I don't really like the tackiness from DHS rubbers especially Hurricane series when used it on BH. Do you think Genesis has the same feeling as the DHS rubbers on BH ? I've already seen your video review of Genesis M rubbers with Dan many times, but I'm still unsure to try that rubber out because I'm worried that Genesis M will give me the same tackiness feels of DHS Hurricane.

It is not as tacky! not even close

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Toying with Gewo Thunderball2 presently, and having a lot of fun with it. Insanely spinny, many gears, extremely controllable.
Second that. You are the only person on this forum that has used or is using Thunderball 2. Its semi tacky topsheet performs so exceptionally. Better than lots of tensor rubbers.
It's very underrated

Passionate about TT