Nittaku Acoustic vs Violin

Acoustic or Violin

• Total voters
This user has no status.
Hi, I am new to this forum.

Please help me out in comparing Nittaku Violin vs Acoustic.

Game style:
Looping with 3rd ball attack. Try to attack by both wings [to be honest backhand is still not at all attacking].
I try to develop my strokes with a feel. So out of these blades feel is my priority than speed.

My setup is Stiga OC WRB + Coppa jo Gold max + Mark V max for the past 2.5 yrs.

I am looking for an upgrade to a faster combination with T80 [<--my coach suggested].

This user has no status.
Feel is your priority than speed..then why will you go for an upgrade to a faster combination?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
I meant a faster combination than Stiga OC WRB not the fastest. I hope Violin or Acoustic isn't that fast based on the reviews that i heard/saw.
But I am not sure how they feel.

I see you are using T80. Can you give me some inputs. I have seen Dan's review and feel that I might be taking the correct path.

Thanks for your help.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Dan and I have the same observation with T80.. the only diffrence from the review sir is that I want a harder fh rubber.
And yes i would agree that t80 is fast, not suitable for passive blocking..you always have to give it a brush everytime to appreciate the rubber

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Hi,
what's your playing style?
Close to the table or more half distance?
It's important to know, because both blades have different composition of wood layer.
These blades combine better with mid-hard to hard rubbers.
Either euro/japanese or chinese rubbers match well.

Mostly middle distance with spin attack is my preferred style.

This user has no status.
Hi,
what's your playing style?
Close to the table or more half distance?
It's important to know, because both blades have different composition of wood layer.
These blades combine better with mid-hard to hard rubbers.
Either euro/japanese or chinese rubbers match well.
Ad also, T80 isn't as good from mid-distance.

This user has no status.
Sorry, but I'm not your opinion.

Have you ever played with T80?

I've played T80 with Viscaria and Violin w/o any problem from mid-distance.
Maybe, but have you tried a rubber that is more specifically designed for mid-distance play such as T64? I said not as good not not good

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Both are great. The Violin is thinner, has more flex and is slower. I think it is 5.3mm thick. It also has more dwell time, more spin and more control. The Acoustic is 5.7mm. It is faster and crisper. It should also be faster than he Stiga OC and have better flex, control, dwell time and spin. And it will be crisper than either the Violin or your OC.

Another blade to consider if you are thinking if the Acoustic is the OSP Virtuoso Off-. The reason: it is hand made, same thickness same wood plies, it plays almost exactly the same but is a hair crisper because of the handmade craftsmanship.

But you can't go wrong with either the Acoustic or the Violin. They are both amazing blades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: nivekkan
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Concur with Carl, those are some seriously good tried and true blades for flexible offensive attackers.

Dude, hang a pic of each blade, tack it to the wall and throw a dart at that direction from a distance of 10 meters. Whatever blade your dart lands on you can use it and grow to be a winner with it.

You will know your preference with rubbers, but consider going for some modern rubber medium or medium soft on FH and a little softish with control on BH with those blades. You will not be sorry and have a bat you can use for every level from now until you make Div 1.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl