What is your favourite brand?

A light bat is under 170gr and not head heavy, according to his standards. My "old" TB-alc+T05 2.1+T64 2.1 was about 198-190gr and head heavy.

He ordered me T64fx 1.7 + T64 fx 1.9. I'll test them on the 3 blades he selected and brought me (first on the photino, can't wait i'm just watching my photino light all day lon lol). And yeah, i'm very lucky to have this coach. There are more and more Chinese trainers and Chinese pro players in France, that is just great for the Table Tennis developpment. I'm sure that in 15 years, France will have an amazing generation of players thx to all these Chinese masters :D

According to his standards, anyone traning less than 3 hours a day, 6 days per week, shouldn't use hard sponge rubbers also, it will be counter-productive for anyone without heavy training. We are a semi pro club, we have some semi-pro players with heavy training and they are playing with hard sponges (Tenergies & Evolution MX-P mainly, but he chooses National H3 neo for one semi pro player) and blades with a weight above 90gr (around 92-93gr).

He changed the equipment of basically all the semi players of my club, sometime keeping the same blade but just bringing a new one selected by him (with the "good weight and vibrations" has he like to tell us :D). All the semi-pros are just realy happy and have improved basically immediately after the equipment changes.

For players with amazing touch and feeling, he commended them allwood blades (mostly stiga/yasaka/donic allwood blades), for the others he recommended composite blades (mostly butterfly, then Xiom but sometimes a Joola Rosskopf Emotion also).

So 95+% of the time he recommend a composite blade, as it is for myself :D

So, he doesn't recommend chinese rubbers for someone who doesn't train below his training standard? :O

This user has no status.
I like Butterfly and I think that Tenergy is great. But it's soooo overpriced. I mean seriously, 65 pounds for one rubber sheet and the only blades under 100 pounds just are not as good.
Where the heck are you buying your rubbers that sell Tenergy's for 65 quid???
Even the most overpriced retailer sells it for less than 55 the last time I checked....

That aside, I have to say Butterfly for the rubber, composite blades and special made products.
Pretty much self explanatory at this point. Unmatched quality, almost unmatched performances.
You do have to pay a premium for those qualities but I think its it pretty damn worth it. You get what you paid for.

For pure wood I am gonna go with Nittaku. From the prestigious instrument and meister series to the most basic Hinoki-ply bats. Very very consistent high quality (not so much for their composites, though) and very very high quality veneer cutting technology.
Just look at the Nittaku Tenor!
A bat THIS hard and THIS controllable, with a single piece paulownia centre ply (If you dont know yet, BTY can only make it by gluing 3 smaller pieces together)!
HOW DO THEY DO THAT? Its like it comes straight out of a dream world.

Apparel wise.....I think BTY Asics makes the most comfortable shoe with epic styling with the Energy Force series.
Shirt and shorts....I am very very tempted to say DHS Li-Ning. Comfortable, good cutting and very nice material. But im no expert in this.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Blades: NEXY... Why? They got thinking and design and character + performance and on the low price end, you know what blade maker is my blade of choice for the best performing best beginner blade ever made for next to no money that is the 896 Der_Echte Special.

Accessories and TT Wear: Nexy and Tibhar The Nexy Sunset is the best breathing performance TT jersey ever made hands down and I tried a ton of them. Tibhar makes some great looking jerseys. Nexy shoes with that Palm Leave are always a topic of discussion.

Rubbers: Tibhar (Aurus and Evo series ROCK!!!) and whoever makes the eternal BH rubber of XP 2008... oh yeah Dawei

TT vids: Damn, that will get me in trouble if I say one is best!!! There are 5 TOP QUALITY TT Vid posters active on this site alone !!!

Amature TT Vids: EDITING SPORTS and if you don't like that, put it in Ur pipe and... BLANKITY BLANK it :)

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
OH Yeah, YASAKA does make one of the coolest TT Jerseys EVER, but it this Jersey is marketed ONLY in Korea...

Jersey says "My Life is Table Tennis" Can't tough that...

Yasaka1.jpg

So, he doesn't recommend chinese rubbers for someone who doesn't train below his training standard? :O

Indeed. The only chinese rubber he recommend sometimes is the boosted H3neo btw, all the sponge variations are considered "hard".

Reactions: Suga D
says Aha, sorry. Trodde du var en annan Millesom spelar i...
Which brand do you guys think got the nicest clothes?

Clothes-Butterfly
Blades-Nittaku, Stiga and TSP
Rubbers-Tibhar, Yasaka and Nittaku

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
A light bat is under 170gr and not head heavy, according to his standards. My "old" TB-alc+T05 2.1+T64 2.1 was about 198-190gr and head heavy.

He ordered me T64fx 1.7 + T64 fx 1.9. I'll test them on the 3 blades he selected and brought me (first on the photino, can't wait i'm just watching my photino light all day lon lol). And yeah, i'm very lucky to have this coach. There are more and more Chinese trainers and Chinese pro players in France, that is just great for the Table Tennis developpment. I'm sure that in 15 years, France will have an amazing generation of players thx to all these Chinese masters :D

According to his standards, anyone traning less than 3 hours a day, 6 days per week, shouldn't use hard sponge rubbers also, it will be counter-productive for anyone without heavy training. We are a semi pro club, we have some semi-pro players with heavy training and they are playing with hard sponges (Tenergies & Evolution MX-P mainly, but he chooses National H3 neo for one semi pro player) and blades with a weight above 90gr (around 92-93gr).

He changed the equipment of basically all the semi players of my club, sometime keeping the same blade but just bringing a new one selected by him (with the "good weight and vibrations" has he like to tell us :D). All the semi-pros are just realy happy and have improved basically immediately after the equipment changes.

For players with amazing touch and feeling, he commended them allwood blades (mostly stiga/yasaka/donic allwood blades), for the others he recommended composite blades (mostly butterfly, then Xiom but sometimes a Joola Rosskopf Emotion also).

So 95+% of the time he recommend a composite blade, as it is for myself :D

Welcome to the site @killerspintt I have been enjoying your posts here. So if your not training 3 hours a day, 6 days a week he recommends controlled, light blades?

I'm just asking because I know so many players who use carbon etc and practice just twice a week..

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
OH Yeah, YASAKA does make one of the coolest TT Jerseys EVER, but it this Jersey is marketed ONLY in Korea...

Jersey says "My Life is Table Tennis" Can't tough that...

attachment.php

Okay Der_Echte, are you looking at the, um, jersey...or what is in the jersey! Just asking!

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
And back on topic, how about the table tennis shoes? Is there any difference between them and the kind of shoes used in Handball or Volley?

Yes. TT shoes are much lighter but does lack abit in support and cushioning, which in my opinion, are not that direly needed.
I once bought a Mizuno Wave Lightning for TT. Best cushioning ever. But it only shines when we start doing physicals....and the rest of the time it made me sound like an elephant playing.....
They also come with lower ankles for more agile side movements.
Currently wearing: Butterfly Energy Force VI-EX Red, Mizuno Wave Flick, Asics Excounter (TPA-327). Planning to buy a Energy Force X for myself during christmas XD

Shoe brand wise I think you will never go wrong with Butterfly/Asics and Mizuno. A Good'ol pair of Mizuno Crossmatch Plio cant be bad.
Donic's Waldner Flex 2 used to be pretty decent as well.

Reactions: Greco
Welcome to the site @killerspintt I have been enjoying your posts here. So if your not training 3 hours a day, 6 days a week he recommends controlled, light blades?

I'm just asking because I know so many players who use carbon etc and practice just twice a week..

Hi Dan, thank you for the welcome :D
First, more than light blades, he recommend a light bat and balanced bat. He doesn't recommend head heavy bats with hard sponge unless you train alot because for him its the training required to engage your body during all the points of a competition in order to fully benefit of the hard sponge and powerfull bat. Under his standards of training, he thinks that having such a setup is counterproductive.

For myself he doesn't recommend what I would call a controlled blade/bat (Photino light + T64fx 1.9 & 1.7), but he want me to have a balanced and light bat because I don't have the training required to fully engage my body during 4 matchs over 3 hours, so I won't be able to benefit of my head heavy bat + hard sponge.

Also he changed my handle to FL (i was using ST), because FL tends to lower the gravity center of a bat, making it slightly more balanced.

I have just recieved my Tenergies, will train Thursday with the new bat of my profil, can't wait :D

Just about EVERY Korean, both male and female has 2 or 3 of these Yasaka jerseys in different colors. There is something catchy about the slogan, but just as good, the price of that jersey is normally under $20, sometimes you get them on sale for $5.
u have any extra one sir ? i really that tshirt " my life is table tennis" :)