2024 WTT Champions Incheon 03.27-03.31 Korea

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Wheter ALC or ZLC doesnt matter in this context.
Its about inner fiber vs outer fiber for looping long pushes.
Right?
I could argue it matters but ultimately, the issue is not necessarily the inner vs outer fiber thing, it is overall setup speed, and I think that while the point about fast setups is right, I think making it about blade composition rather than that Lin is using a (for that level) very fast setup is distorting the point.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Alexis style may be difficult to contend with for Chinese righties not playing at their top form, but his style is very vulnerable against other players. You can play him in the Olympics and he might go on to lose to Assar or Kirill in the first round.

In terms of losses to foreign association that are not Chinese, who has a better record in the past 1 year ?? Alexis or Gauzy??
I don't think their results are different enough that I would say Gauzy gives me a better chance of winning a medal in singles than Alexis. I would say Gauzy is more stable to hit round ot 16, maybe QF, but Alexis if he is on his game can get me a medal. Safe bet vs high risk. If safe bet gets you kudos, go for it, but no point in picking the safe player if you are likely to go home empty handed anyways.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Yes, we know. So what has she done lately that Hayata didn't do? So the win over SYS last year which has failed replication with SYS plugging the holes is your justification for asking Hirano not to retire while Hayata who is clearly playing at a higher level.vs SYS who is plugging holes?

Who lost to Ito, someone she admitted to not wanting to lose to ever? With ranking points on the line that should have improved her seeding significantly?

You can't juat beat the CNT, you need to beat everyone else as well!
As I have told pongfugrasshopper before, don't convince me. Convince those in China. They fear Hirano way more than Hayata. Tieba comments during Singapore Smash 2024.

我来开一个早田希娜的技术贴 (Starting a technical thread on Hayata)
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/8931014684
船行渔歌: 回复 贴吧用户_QXXUGVQ :曾经,我对日乒三人的看法是,早田对国乒的冲击力不如平野伊藤,但她对国乒的威胁更加持久。平野加强了厚度之后,我觉得早田的持久性恐怕也赶不上平野。
2024-3-12 19:49回复
In the past, my view of the three Japanese table tennis players was that Hayata's impact on the CNT was not as good as that of Hirano and Ito, but her threat to the CNT was more lasting. Now that Hirano has increased her thickness, I feel that Hayata's durability may not be as good as Hirano's.
贴吧用户_5CK3JUW: 回复 船行渔歌 :你跟我的看法基本一致,我个人甚至认为,平野是比张本美和威胁更大的对手,而早田是中国化打法的弱化版,她的优势没有国乒明显,但弱点却是一点不落的继承了,未来她的职业生涯恐怕会比平野要短,真正能对我们形成威胁的,还是平野,只有她在技术上是真正胜过我们的
2024-3-12 19:55回复
Your view is basically the same as mine. I personally even think that Hirano is a more threatening opponent than Harimoto, while Hayata is a weakened version of the Chinese style of play. Her advantages are not as obvious as those of the CNT, but she has inherited all of the weaknesses. I'm afraid her career will be shorter than Hirano's in the future. The real threat to us is Hirano. Only she is truly better than us technically.
贴吧用户_5CK3JUW: 回复 船行渔歌 :她的反手技术不逊色于男子,能在上升期合力连续拉,世界上也就樊振东郑荣植和她三个人做得到了。
2024-3-12 19:56回复
Her [Hirano's] backhand skills are not inferior to the men's. She can rip continuously off the bounce. Only three people in the world can do this - Fan Zhendong, Jeoung Youngsik, and her.
贴吧用户_5CK3JUW: 回复 船行渔歌 :而张本美和可以看作是一个弱化版早田,她没有平野惊人的天赋,不过却是承担虚名最多的
2024-3-12 19:57回复
Harimoto Miwa can be seen as a weakened version of Hayata. She does not have Hirano's amazing talent, yet she is the one who bears the most fame.

哪里摆渡 早田其实短板挺严重:衔接不快,左手优势其实没有发挥出来(比如左手快撕),力量不足,喜欢退台,技战术变化不多。所以每到关键时刻拿不下比赛。
IP属地:北京12楼2024-03-12 09:34收起回复
Hayata's shortcomings are actually quite serious: the linking is not quick, the lefty advantage is not actually put to use (for example, the lefty rip), the strength is insufficient, and likes to back off the table, and there are not many technical and tactical variations. Therefore, she always cannot win the match at critical moments.

打开心扉X 可惜早田没有天赋和灵气,平野比她上限高
来自Android客户端23楼2024-03-12 14:18回复
It's a pity that Hayata doesn't have talent or aura, and Hirano has a higher limit than her.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
As I have told pongfugrasshopper before, don't convince me. Convince those in China. They fear Hirano way more than Hayata. Tieba comments during Singapore Smash 2024.

我来开一个早田希娜的技术贴 (Starting a thread on Hayata's technique)
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/8931014684
船行渔歌: 回复 贴吧用户_QXXUGVQ :曾经,我对日乒三人的看法是,早田对国乒的冲击力不如平野伊藤,但她对国乒的威胁更加持久。平野加强了厚度之后,我觉得早田的持久性恐怕也赶不上平野。
2024-3-12 19:49回复
In the past, my view of the three Japanese table tennis players was that Hayata's impact on the CNT was not as good as that of Hirano and Ito, but her threat to the CNT was more lasting. Now that Hirano has increased her thickness, I feel that Hayata's durability may not be as good as Hirano's.
贴吧用户_5CK3JUW: 回复 船行渔歌 :你跟我的看法基本一致,我个人甚至认为,平野是比张本美和威胁更大的对手,而早田是中国化打法的弱化版,她的优势没有国乒明显,但弱点却是一点不落的继承了,未来她的职业生涯恐怕会比平野要短,真正能对我们形成威胁的,还是平野,只有她在技术上是真正胜过我们的
2024-3-12 19:55回复
Your view is basically the same as mine. I personally even think that Hirano is a more threatening opponent than Harimoto, while Hayata is a weakened version of the Chinese style of play. Her advantages are not as obvious as those of the CNT, but she has inherited all of the weaknesses. I'm afraid her career will be shorter than Hirano's in the future. The real threat to us is Hirano. Only she is truly better than us technically.
贴吧用户_5CK3JUW: 回复 船行渔歌 :她的反手技术不逊色于男子,能在上升期合力连续拉,世界上也就樊振东郑荣植和她三个人做得到了。
2024-3-12 19:56回复
Her [Hirano's] backhand skills are not inferior to the men's. She can rip continuously off the bounce. Only three people in the world can do this - Fan Zhendong, Jeoung Youngsik, and her.
贴吧用户_5CK3JUW: 回复 船行渔歌 :而张本美和可以看作是一个弱化版早田,她没有平野惊人的天赋,不过却是承担虚名最多的
2024-3-12 19:57回复
Harimoto Miwa can be seen as a weakened version of Hayata. She does not have Hirano's amazing talent, yet she is the one who bears the most fame.

哪里摆渡 早田其实短板挺严重:衔接不快,左手优势其实没有发挥出来(比如左手快撕),力量不足,喜欢退台,技战术变化不多。所以每到关键时刻拿不下比赛。
IP属地:北京12楼2024-03-12 09:34收起回复
Hayata's shortcomings are actually quite serious: the linking is not quick, the lefty advantage is not actually put to use (for example, the lefty rip), the strength is insufficient, and likes to back off the table, and there are not many technical and tactical variations. Therefore, she always cannot win the match at critical moments.

打开心扉X 可惜早田没有天赋和灵气,平野比她上限高
来自Android客户端23楼2024-03-12 14:18回复
It's a pity that Hayata doesn't have talent or aura, and Hirano has a higher limit than her.
Not convincing you or anyone else. Just pointing out that the persons who lost 0-3 weren't asked to retire and the person who lost 2-3 and forced the opponent to play out of her mind is being told to retire. If that doesn't deserve some reflection, then logic is meaningless. Of course, Tieba users are allowed fo believe anything they want by focusing on specific things and ignoring other things, including the scores and an analysis of the actual matches.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
So you seriously believe that Fan Zhendong, Liang Jingkun and Lin Gaoyuan or even Timo Boll with their outer fiber blades have a serious problem loop killing pushes vs inner fiber blade users?
Liang Jingkun uses an inner composite blade. And no, they obviously don't have a serious problem, none of them have a serious problem with any shot. It's just a tougher shot to execute IMO, and could be something to try to exploit. The opposite is that the outer composite blades have a relative advantage in quick, close to the table speed loop game, and is something their users can try to exploit.

Reactions: matzreenzi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Liang Jingkun uses an inner composite blade. And no, they obviously don't have a serious problem, none of them have a serious problem with any shot. It's just a tougher shot to execute IMO, and could be something to try to exploit. The opposite is that the outer composite blades have a relative advantage in quick, close to the table speed loop game, and is something their users can try to exploit.
I thought he was a Viscaria user, but it is okay. The inner vs outer fiber thing is oversold, especially when you are using sticky rubber. That's the main point I am trying to make.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I thought he was a Viscaria user, but it is okay. The inner vs outer fiber thing is oversold, especially when you are using sticky rubber. That's the main point I am trying to make.

LJK is using W968. DHS has made W968 top ply thinner, making it more like Viscaria.

I agree that inner vs outer is oversold these days. My W968 and FZD ALC behave fairly similarly

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
WTTChampionsIncheon2024WSQF240330S.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Not convincing you or anyone else. Just pointing out that the persons who lost 0-3 weren't asked to retire and the person who lost 2-3 and forced the opponent to play out of her mind is being told to retire. If that doesn't deserve some reflection, then logic is meaningless. Of course, Tieba users are allowed fo believe anything they want by focusing on specific things and ignoring other things, including the scores and an analysis of the actual matches.
zeio is locked into his position of calling for Hayata to retire. Calling someone dumb for failing to defeat the best player in the world speaks volumes of the poster. Hayata obviously did better than Mima, Miwa, and Miu at this tournament. I suspect the CNT coaches are a bit more concerned than Tieba users are that Hayata has taken SYS to a decider a few months ahead of the Olympics. I don't frequent Tieba, 5ch, or any other Chinese TT forum, but I suspect there's a broad range of opinions regarding Hayata including many supportive ones. Not just the narrative that zeio likes to point out.