2024 WTT Champions Incheon 03.27-03.31 Korea

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Disappointing finals.

Hugo is probably tired. He stood in one place and kept on hitting a BH rallies.

He won many beautiful points in a FH rallies but it appeared that he didn't bother to move anymore.

WS final is even more boring.
Hugo beat Liang on the forehand, but it cost him so much effort. At the same time, quick points, which he mostly achieves with other players, did not work with Liang.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
I liked Simon Gauzy the most at this championship. A very beautiful and varied game from him. For a long time he was in the shadow of the Lebrun brothers, but now he is shining!
Also, the opening of the championship is a young 17 year old Korean. I think he has a great future.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Hugo beat Liang on the forehand, but it cost him so much effort. At the same time, quick points, which he mostly achieves with other players, did not work with Liang.

Hugo stepped side and killed with FH a few times. But later on his quality in pivot decreased. Hence I said Hugo was getting tired. A bit surprised at the age of 27. Probably he still had not recovered from his previous match.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I liked Simon Gauzy the most at this championship. A very beautiful and varied game from him. For a long time he was in the shadow of the Lebrun brothers, but now he is shining!
Also, the opening of the championship is a young 17 year old Korean. I think he has a great future.

Can't agree more. After Xu Xin's gone, WTT should give at least 4 of the top 10 points to Gauzy.

Gauzy, Hugo and Aruna are keeping table tennis entertaining to watch in this boring BH era.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Disappointing finals.

Hugo is probably tired. He stood in one place and kept on hitting a BH rallies.

He won many beautiful points in a FH rallies but it appeared that he didn't bother to move anymore.

WS final is even more boring.
Or maybe he met his match in short play and keeping the ball on the table in backhand rallies??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
WTTChampionsIncheon2024WSF240331S.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Looking at the tournament as a whole, while accepting the difficulty of estimating the level of effort being put out against Sun Yingsha in civil wars, it is fascinating that, Hayata, the only player who challenged her in a match without using pips and definitely the only player who got two games off her (in a best of 5, not a best of 7 by the way) is being deemed the one who has no chance of ever beating her based on her past results and the player who should retire. I think everyone should retire and just hand Sun Yingsha the gold now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
LJK's style is uninspiring - strong BH close to the table 🥱🥱. But this boring style tends to be the most effective
That is one of the reasons I am a huge fan of his. People want to fat shame him but fail to realize he is just stronger than everyone else and uses that strength to bully the opponent with powerful shots. He will not win the "best backhand in the world" title because of aesthetics, but I think based on actual play, there is no real competition.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Can't agree more. After Xu Xin's gone, WTT should give at least 4 of the top 10 points to Gauzy.

Gauzy, Hugo and Aruna are keeping table tennis entertaining to watch in this boring BH era.
My top 3 "always fun to watch players" are Gauzy, Moregard, and Lind.