A-Gold's new Spielzeug

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
TTD member agold gunna get a new toy.

Since I saw hiz excellent Viscaria get battle damage to make it look like London sewer rats done gnawed on it... I decided to kick out agold a Nexy Sparticus I long term tested and do not actively use. (Because I use the Kanaph and the BEAST)

Sparticus is low end of OFF scale with great control, but it was a little on the light side with 85 grams.

SO>>>> I decided to beef it up some, since agold haz been eating hiz Spinach like Popeye.

Original weight: 85+ grams.

IMGP0477.jpg

You know the drill... we use Artist's putty knife to SLOWLY go down the handle and attempt a clean slide off.

IMGP0478.JPG

As you see, the neck of the blade is SOLID. That is great news. All we gotta do is solidify the handle 10-15 grams to improve it even moar.

IMGP0479.jpg

So we added a few tiny nails (then filled the rest of space with wood glue) before slapping it back together.

IMGP0481.jpg

Final weight of blade is now a HEALTHY 97 grams !! We were right on target by adding 11.4 grams !!

IMGP0482.jpg

Slapped on some REALLY heavy rubbers 999 on Quattro (maybe the heaviest rubber combo in the planet) and Beijing IV for a grand total of battle ready 204 grams

IMGP0483.jpg

As heavy as T05 and H3 are, they are not as heavy as these, so if agold goes for his preferred combo of rubbers, final weight will be mid 190s grams just about right.

I used the Beijing IV that waz on my BEAST to put on agold's bat and glued a new red sheet of 2008 onto the BEAST and re-weighed the BEAST... now 205 grams! 13 grams lighter. (and XP2008 cut is heavy already, but 13 grams lighter)

IMGP0484.jpg

agold is gunna get the RED Nexy bat and ball case (that has 3 PEACE *** and 1 Double Fish *** celluloid ball)

agold: you PM me how you want this thing. I list some options below.

1) I drive 12 miles to Lake Ontario, toss the parcel into the lake, and let it drift north to and float its way up the St. Lawrence river and follow the riptides down the Atlantic Ocean to Staten Island. Then agold jumps off Brooklyn Bridge, butterfly swims his way to the beach of Staten Island to retrieve it before the beach bums get it and start gnawing on it. This is free shipping option.

2) I mail it to Carl and if he doesn't use it and fall in love with it, he meets up with you in a dark alley or at SPiN Club or somewhere and gives it to you. Please refrain from roughing up Carl, we need him here on the forums.

3) I mail it to wherever you tell me.

It will go out 1st class Priority Parcel.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
"I....AM....SPARTICUS!"

I vote for mailing option number 2:

2) I mail it to Carl and if he doesn't use it and fall in love with it, he meets up with you in a dark alley or at SPiN Club or somewhere and gives it to you. Please refrain from roughing up Carl, we need him here on the forums.

Then AGold and I have to get together and hit either at Spin or at Wang Chen's.

Last edited:
Reactions: agold
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Wow thank you so much! I think number 2 works as well.

man, I was hoping someone would request Option Number one.

Doesn't EVERYONE enjoy free shipping?

For the record, agold asked how to pay for shipping. Man, I have had so much stuff sent to me for free because I have been in military in Iraq, ad much of our nation is goo-goo ga-ga tripping over themselves to show they care) it is time I paid for shipping something to help someone out.

I told agold jokingly (but heck, I am still serious about it) that he can buy me a freshly juiced veggie drink next time I am in NYC and we happen to be in the same grid square... assuming there is a shop that actually juices fresh veggies and sells it for less than the cost of an arm and a piece of a leg...

Reactions: agold
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Der_Echte, there is a place that juices fresh veggies on every block in the hip neighborhoods of Manhattan.

By the way, don't let these guys know that I gave you the secret address to the batcave to implement shipping option number TWO.

I can't have you giving away all my secrets.

Oops, did I give one of my secrets away?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: agold and Der_Echte
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I have failed several times to send out the box I made last week, it kept snowing like crazy and hte Army camp shut down several times due to the heavy snow.

When it snows in the Lake Effect snow areas, you get feet of snow, not inches. Sometimes you get a full meter with drifts taller than you !!

Hopefully I can get the box posted out Monday without the world knwoing the location of any of Carl's bases of operation.

This is what it can look like while it is going on... in this pic I cleared off almost 2 fet of snow from the driveway and it looked like this an hour later.

snow13.jpg

another pic...

snow1 cappucino.jpgsnow3.jpg

snow14.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
A lot of snow but that is darn beautiful. I guess you just have to be dressed for it.

It is more about having the right equipment and using it right. most people's instinct is to bundle up too much and even if they only walk, they will after 1/2 mile be sweating like crazy and in -20 Celcius temps or lower, that will quickly kill you unless you get near heat.

There is stuff you wear for wet snow, stuff you wear for standing in one place forever (Micky Mouse Boots $ Parka pants/top) and stuff you wear while moving or working (light outer gear with zippers ready to be open and light gloves/fleece cap) sometimes that is too much gear and you gotta strip out if uick to avoid sweating.

Simple concepts of C/O/L/D apply... Clean clothes, avoid OVERHEATING, Loose layers if standing around immobile, keep clothes and self DRY (especially socks) (merino wool and powder are under-rated)