Alternative to H3 37 degrees

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Title:

It's pretty good on backhand, feels like a 48 degree rubber.

Boosted H3 37 ;)
Bloom Power is or at least was much more tacky than the H3s currently sold when I tested it. Different feeling, lower throw. You could try 729 Dragon-F hard/medium hard for a bit more hybrid like BH rubber or Hurricane 8-80 37.
Skyline 3-60 37 could also be an option depending on what you are looking for.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Boosted H3 37 ;)
Bloom Power is or at least was much more tacky than the H3s currently sold when I tested it. Different feeling, lower throw. You could try 729 Dragon-F hard/medium hard for a bit more hybrid like BH rubber or Hurricane 8-80 37.
Skyline 3-60 37 could also be an option depending on what you are looking for.

Does the sponge of Bloom Power feels harder or feels softer if comparison with 37 degrees H3.

Thank you sir.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Does the sponge of Bloom Power feels harder or feels softer if comparison with 37 degrees H3.

Thank you sir.

I think that I had the 45° Bloom Power so the sponge should be softer than a 37° H3 but the Bloom Power is also available with 47° and 49° sponge (37° DHS/Shore A is about 47° ESN).
729 for some reason uses three different hardness scales: ESN (Bloom, Presto, Battle 2 Commercial), DHS/Shore A (e.g. Battle 2 Provincial/National, Battle 3) and something like medium, medium hard, medium soft (e.g. Dragon F and Dragon L)...

I think that I had the 45° Bloom Power so the sponge should be softer than a 37° H3 but the Bloom Power is also available with 47° and 49° sponge (37° DHS/Shore A is about 47° ESN).
729 for some reason uses three different hardness scales: ESN (Bloom, Presto, Battle 2 Commercial), DHS/Shore A (e.g. Battle 2 Provincial/National, Battle 3) and something like medium, medium hard, medium soft (e.g. Dragon F and Dragon L)...
That, can’t be right. I am playing a bloom power 45* right now. It was much harder than shore O 45 in the beginning. It’s softer now but still harder. But then again it didn’t feel as hard as shore A 45…

That’s the problem with feel and sponge hardness when the top sheet isn’t even included in the equation…

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
That, can’t be right. I am playing a bloom power 45* right now. It was much harder than shore O 45 in the beginning. It’s softer now but still harder. But then again it didn’t feel as hard as shore A 45…

That’s the problem with feel and sponge hardness when the top sheet isn’t even included in the equation…

Cheers
L-zr

It's quite a long time since I played with the purple sponge Bloom Power (2019 afair) so maybe the 45° version felt harder than 45° ESN or I had a softer than usual one... on the other hand I also played with Vega Pro and similar hard rubbers at that time...
45 Shore A ;) Maybe a heavily boosted Fan Zhendong will play with such a hard sponge when the ITTF introduces the solid 50+ ball ;) scnr

Reactions: Lazer
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Is there a difference in hardness? Also, have you happened to try H3 38 degree?

I assume you refer to H3 37 soft.

H3 37 soft is not the same as H3 37. They have a very different sponge and feel. That’s why the H3 37 soft costs $40 while all H3 provincial orange sponge costs $33.

Hence H3 37 soft is very different from H3 38.

This user has no status.
I assume you refer to H3 37 soft.

H3 37 soft is not the same as H3 37. They have a very different sponge and feel. That’s why the H3 37 soft costs $40 while all H3 provincial orange sponge costs $33.

Hence H3 37 soft is very different from H3 38.
There‘re only 2 types of H3 37: regular and NEO (also provincial and National), the other ones are all harder. I doubt the sponge‘d be that different since the colour is the same and it doesn’t look too porous either

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
There‘re only 2 types of H3 37: regular and NEO, the other ones are all harder. I doubt the sponge‘d be that different since the colour is the same and it doesn’t look too porous either

The provincial H3 37 “SOFT” is a different beast. The sponge feels quite different from other provincial H3 37-40.

The SOFT 37 sponge gives you more clarity and feel while “biting” the ball quite well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
76531535-68CB-46F8-B953-8B395049B9F0.jpeg

The one on the right uses regular orange sponge. The middle one SOFT uses a special type of orange sponge for Bh.

This user has no status.
The provincial H3 37 “SOFT” is a different beast. The sponge feels quite different from other provincial H3 37-40.

The SOFT 37 sponge gives you more clarity and feel while “biting” the ball quite well.
I’m using provincial H3 39 and regular H3 37 “soft” and they feel very similar, the only noticeable difference is the hardness and spin because provincial has more. But you seem confused. The H3 37 is the “soft“. There’s no other H3 37. I buy my rubbers directly from China and theres only 1 kind of H3 37, also what you see on TT11 and other websites they call it soft because it’s noticeably softer but it has the same playing characteristics. And yes this Soft version is more expensive, in China as well and it has provincial and national versions too.

This user has no status.
View attachment 27130

The one on the right uses regular orange sponge. The middle one SOFT uses a special type of orange sponge for Bh.
That’s the same kind of sponge just softer. Where did you read that it’s different? They only say that it’s suitable for backhand but thats mainly because it’s softer