Andreas Levenko issues

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Watching Chan Baldwin vs Andreas levenko was a nightmare. Here are the outlying issues:

1. Service
-Not open palm
-Low throw
-Covering contact with racket with arm/body
-Not straight vertical throw, throws back diagonally into his racket, where he proceeds to subtly block it from sight.
This is not a one off problem, 9.5/10 serves he does have all these problems, dont know what the ref was on.

2. Attitude, Cho
- Uneccesary exclamations in middle of rally (Yeah, ugh, grah, yuh, yes boy.....)
-Cho's loudly facing opponent and opposition coach
-Kicked the table (Zhang jike style) when faced with an 8-2 deficit in final game. Finally the blind ref gave yellow, should be a instant dq after all that!

3. Referee, action
-Blind referee, even worse than past cases with wtt refs
-Wrote a letter to wtt and dm on insta, hopefully they respond... anyone with [ast experiences with communication to wtt on their "business chat" on inta please advise on whether or not they will reply.

Very disappointing from Levenko, he needs to fix his attitude in game. There is no such thing as a bad student, it is the coach: Chen weixing. We all know cws's rep and attitude back when he was a player. Obviously that attitude and mentality has been transmitted to levenko. This is not the first time levenko has done this, I have noticed him before. In the recent world team champs, hong kong vs austria, Lam siu hang vs Levenko, all the issues up there, I was already fuming over that game. I expect a suspension or a fine, and an apology and visible change from levenko in the furutre.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
There is no such thing as a bad student, it is the coach: Chen weixing. We all know cws's rep and attitude back when he was a player. Obviously that attitude and mentality has been transmitted to levenko.
Does Chen Weixing train Levenko? CWX is the national coach but did he have anything to do with Levenko's personality development?

To me attitude is a common problem of many European zoomer players, tbh. There's Levenko, there was Serdaroglou making embarrassing mess in Bundesliga few years ago, there's this danish dude kicking screens. I'm not fond of behavior of the Lebruns (at least Truls has become much more adult than he used to be).

I'd like to see them all keeping composure and adhere to old good sportsmanship, but it looks like nobody cares.

And it's just the tip of the iceberg. Boys in local leagues can be very cheeky, yet there's no one to slap them on the wrist even.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Does Chen Weixing train Levenko? CWX is the national coach but did he have anything to do with Levenko's personality development?

To me attitude is a common problem of many European zoomer players, tbh. There's Levenko, there was Serdaroglou making embarrassing mess in Bundesliga few years ago, there's this danish dude kicking screens. I'm not fond of behavior of the Lebruns (at least Truls has become much more adult than he used to be).

I'd like to see them all keeping composure and adhere to old good sportsmanship, but it looks like nobody cares.

And it's just the tip of the iceberg. Boys in local leagues can be very cheeky, yet there's no one to slap them on the wrist even.
Europe is based on club model, and not national team model, so I would doubt national team coaches are also the individual coaches for players, yet alone an individual coach in the junior stages of the players development

Truls indeed has matured a lot and seems way more mature than this 25 year old Andreas Levenko (Truls is 22 years old)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017

I think the issue is that there are so few talents in europe that they can get away with anything. In China some young players are brats too but they get straightened pretty quickly when they go over board. Wang chuqin was a bratty guy when he was young but they banned him for a couple months. When he got the ban probably a Chinese coach screamed an hour at him that if it happens again there are plenty other talents willing to take his spot.

But in euro countries, especially smaller ones a good talent is a big fish in a small pond.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I think the issue is that there are so few talents in europe that they can get away with anything. In China some young players are brats too but they get straightened pretty quickly when they go over board. Wang chuqin was a bratty guy when he was young but they banned him for a couple months. When he got the ban probably a Chinese coach screamed an hour at him that if it happens again there are plenty other talents willing to take his spot.

But in euro countries, especially smaller ones a good talent is a big fish in a small pond.
Also the service faults need to be called more consistently. I just don't understand why umpires do not call it. Once they call it consistently then players will adopt, just like everything else in life!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Also the service faults need to be called more consistently. I just don't understand why umpires do not call it. Once they call it consistently then players will adopt, just like everything else in life!
It seems like they are not empowered to do so. Most players at that level are pushing the limits of serve legality and no one umpire wants to be the one to disrupt the status quo. WTT needs to buy and implement that Eagle Eye technology they tried out like ~5 years ago and let that system call the players out rather than have their umps do nothing. If they're not going to do that then they at least need to empower the umps to actually enforce the service rules and let it be known to the players that they won't be able to get away with it anymore. Knowing WTT, they will instead do nothing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Kids just don't get punished. A few days ago I've seen a video of Fang Bo explaining backhand loop: "You know it's like you slap… Like my mom used to slap me for mischiefs".

Jan 2018
Well, I'm more shocked by the fact that the barrier (metal?) held up well. That was a loud, goal kick. Way stronger than that pointed kick from Lind at ETTC 2023.

ZJK: Give back my US$45,000!

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Also the service faults need to be called more consistently. I just don't understand why umpires do not call it
Often when umpires call service faults the players answers is something like : "But I have done it like this all my life " !!!!!
And therein lies the truth.
You were not called for your faults when you started out ,
you were not called during club games
you were not called during club champs
nor were you called during regional and even national champs.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
There will never be a resolution about serve legality until they introduce Hawkeye and a challenge system.
I agree.
I saw the system working during a ( i think) T-competition and it was working great.

I remember an incident when Timo Boll was faulted for not throwing high enough. He challenged and won and the system showed that he threw the ball up 16.5 cm 😁

Reactions: blahness
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023

His nature of training and extremely strong winning mentality has transmitted to his players. So their ego grows.... This is just how I see it.