Any good place to buy Xiom Vega Pro rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
I am looking to buy a pair of these rubbers, hopefully from a reputable online store with a good turnover to avoid getting old rubbers. For the most part, I have been ordering from tabletennis11 and always got good products. I might order from that store anyway. Just ordering a pair of rubbers is usually expensive, because of 25% VAT that applies to both the price of the product and shipping. And on top of that, a ridiculous VAT handling fee in my country.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
I probably cannot order from a store based in the US, the shipping costs are more often than not too high. Some stores like tabletennisstore.us also require a forwarding service for international shipping.

TennisDiscount seem to mention explicitly that Xiom products are available only to customers from Bulgaria? Yes, I am outside EU and therefore the VAT-handling is different with fees and usually higher shipping.

However, Presports looks very good and the shipping with tracking seems quite decent (EUR 6.51).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I guess you are talking about 2 problems
1) freight cost
2) tax

I guess it is cheaper to ship from TT11 to you compared to any other store across the world
and Tax - no matter where you purchase from, you would need to pay your customs tax

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
Actually, sometimes the shipping from different stores across the world (with except of US) might be cheaper to my country than from EU :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
@whocarez

Have you considered ordering at ttex.no or did you have negative experiences with them? tt.ex is a swedish company as you might know, but they have a branch store in Oslo, too.

Website is https://www.ttex.no/no/backside-gummin/4167-xiom-gummi-vega-pro.html

Granted, the price for one sheet is higher than elsewhere, but still...

Reactions: whocarez
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
give me examples please
i'm curious to see
Maybe not entirely cheaper, but very similar at least. The store mentioned earlies in this thread, presports, seem to have quite good shipping rates.

I have ordered from ttex.no many times, they got a store in my town. I might as well do it again.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
@whocarez, if we knew what country you were in, possibly more accurate responses (to your question) could be processed. Your profile doesn't list a country.

Are there no TT stores in your country?

Chuck

According to the country flag he is from Norway, which is why I have suggested ttex.no (they have a website and a branch store in Oslo). whocarez replied that he already knows ttex.no, having bought from them several times. The price per sheet for a Vega Pro at ttex.no is however significantly higher than elsewhere (roughly 42 €, whereas you can get the Vega Pro in Europe oftentimes for 25 - 28 €). Aside from a cheaper price (he has to deal with very high VAT and VAT handling fees in Norway) he is also interested in sheets that are as "fresh" as possible, if I read his first post correctly...

Now I do not know how fresh the sheets are at different stores, but if we only look at the price he has the option for free shipping at Dandoy and TT11 for orders above 70 / 80 € respectively. A pair of Vega Pro at Dandoy costs him 60 €, so he needs an additional 10 € in order to avoid VATs for the shipping costs, but would still have to pay VAT handling fees (and an additional 25% (?) for value of the products, don't know if I understand that correctly). But anyway he would end up paying more than 80 if not 90€ and with TT11 even more. At the end of the day it is probably cheaper and less complicated for him to buy the rubbers at ttex.no

Last edited:
Reactions: whocarez
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
Jimbob, you do understand me correctly :)

@chuck Hmm, my profile should show the country, at least on the side of my posts? "TTD Member Country: NO". Anyway, as mentioned it is Norway.

I think TTEX might be the only physical TT store in my country. I am fortunate enough to have easy access to this store and most of my equipment is bought there. I will continue to buy from TTEX, and they have great service too. Occasionally though it is nice to try an online store, especially because of a larger product selection and sometimes prices. In those cases I have bought items from tt11

Probably not too much to think about for a pair of rubbers, even if the price is EUR 42 per sheet, because of the VAT, shipping, handling etc, but it is always good to know about different alternatives :) Already got some places to check out, thanks for that.

Reactions: Jimbob MacInbred
@whocarez. Thanks. On my upgraded Android it no longer displays the flag, only the country written. So I had to ask.

I'm in the US (East coast) and the nearest physical (real TT) store would be an 8 hour drive (one way).

When I was on holiday in Paris this past September I was 1km from a TT store, only schedules didn't allow a visit. I regret not going.

Maybe your future travels will be near a TT store?