Are French people paying attention to the French team at WTTTC 2024?

This user has no status.
depending on the sport
some sports you get punished, some you won't.

Try throwing the basketball into the crowd in anger/vain
or the same with soccer/football.
He will learn very fast.

in Table Tennis, ZJK had zero punishment for breaking things from ITTF.
CTTA internal punishment is internet, but there was nothing from the world body.
So in TT, you need to watch out for racket thickness more than your emotions lol
I wonder if anything happened to Mengel after he launched his bat and booted the towel bin?

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
in Table Tennis, ZJK had zero punishment for breaking things from ITTF.
CTTA internal punishment is internet, but there was nothing from the world body.
So in TT, you need to watch out for racket thickness more than your emotions lol
Ahem, how does being stripped of the prize money sound? US$45,000.

https://www.ettu.org/en/n/news/archive/2014/zhang-jike--8217-s-prize-money-goes-to-fair-play-award/
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/topics/zhang-jike-fined-45-000-euros.8983/
http://www.mhtabletennis.com/2014/10/ittf-fine-on-zhang-jike-no-less-than.html

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
he didn't get thickness problem, so its fine
Thickness matters in fairness of competition though, which I think you're pretty interested in, but emotional outbursts outside of competition doesn't. Those who toss their rackets should've been punished for endangering others though.

I personally am OK with players showing emotions. I don't do it myself, I think it can negatively affect play, but to each his own.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Table tennis is quite big here, I live in a rural area and there are at least 20 clubs in a 1,5 hour radius of which 6 play national and 2 professional.

But yeah, I think its popularity for the media is “hurt” by the Chinese supremacy there is almost no surprise in our sport.

On TV In France it comes in after Football, Rugby, Tennis, Biathlon, cycling, athleticism, skiing etc.
Wow that is a lot. 20 clubs??? dang

says EJ-Victim
says EJ-Victim
Sep 2023
Table tennis is quite big here, I live in a rural area and there are at least 20 clubs in a 1,5 hour radius of which 6 play national and 2 professional.

But yeah, I think its popularity for the media is “hurt” by the Chinese supremacy there is almost no surprise in our sport.

On TV In France it comes in after Football, Rugby, Tennis, Biathlon, cycling, athleticism, skiing etc.
1,5 hours radius in The Netherlands is our whole country ;-)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
all these racket flying all over the playing areas nowadays
so is this the only punishment given?
technically, it is just stripping of prize money
if the same player had no prize money, what is there to be stripped of then?

This user has no status.
Wow that is a lot. 20 clubs??? dang
In Europe this is not extraordinary. Where I live (a small town 35km from Barcelona) there are probably more than 60-70 clubs within a 1,5h radius. Most are small TT clubs, but many play national leagues and four of them even in the Spanish Superleague, with top players like Yaroslav Zhmudenko or Yeh Chih-wei.

Last edited:
1,5 hours radius in The Netherlands is our whole country ;-)
😂Lol, in Belgium we are then also halfway to the Netherlands, ahead of ⅓ in France, ahead of ⅓ in Germany and all the clubs in Luxembourg. I don't know how many there are in total but I do know that there are 165 clubs in Belgium alone that you can reach within a 1.5-hour drive.🤣

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
That's interesting. So most of the interest is about the Lebruns but apparently people (the media?) are not as interested about the sport they play? It's a shame - they did so well to get to the final. If one of them gets a medal at the Paris Olympics maybe things will change.
Not that uncommon really. Here in the US everyone knows who Beckham is but nobody's interested in soccer lol.