This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
could not be ai fukuhara. There is a recent nice documentary on fukuhara. http://www.fujitv.co.jp/fukuhara-ai/
12-year-old fukuhara once played with 36-year-old koyama/he and won 1 set. Koyama/he commented that "there are a thousand chinese kids playing at ai's level", which made ai decide to get trained in china.
Koyama/he's story is complicated. Changing a chinese family name to a japanese one is sth big.

KOYAMA/HE won the Japanese National Championships 8 times...
In the Japanese press reports about HIRANO, they mention her name (KOYAMA) as the last winner. There is no word about her being a Chinese mercenary.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
That second half of the "How chinese and japanese view table tennis" video - where Zhang Yining telepathically talks to Ai Fukuhara - is a parody on the final scene of the Pinpon movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0328258/

Here is the trailer:

It is actually from the Anime tv series called Ping Pong the Animation. They are both based off of the same comic so they have alot of the same scenes and the same story

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Last edited:
This user has no status.
What does the term "Chinese born south Korean mean"? Does it mean he is a Chinese born in South Korea? Or is he a Korean born in China? Or is he a mixed Chinese- Korean?

i don't know about English grammar, but I think in this case, I think the article meant that JEONG is born in China (from Chinese parents ?) and become a migrant to take the Korean nationality (mercenary ?)

Reactions: tropical
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
i don't know about English grammar, but I think in this case, I think the article meant that JEONG is born in China (from Chinese parents ?) and become a migrant to take the Korean nationality (mercenary ?)

That is exactly correct. His father was a player and coach who took his son to Korea.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
What does the term "Chinese born south Korean mean"? Does it mean he is a Chinese born in South Korea? Or is he a Korean born in China? Or is he a mixed Chinese- Korean?

He was Chinese and born in Yanbian of China, just north of North Korea in the year 1990. Yanbian is an Korean autonomous prefecture due to the large number of ethnic Koreans living in the region. He became naturalized as Korean in 2006 and won the Boy's Single Final of 2007 WJTTC beating China.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
A bit like Texas, California and Arizona, where there are people named Jose Garcia who were born in the US, and whose ancestors have been in the US for generations and who speak Spanish and English.

For some reason in my city (Houston) there are quite a few of these ethnic Koreans from Yanbian prefecture (in China). There are two nice Korean restaurants in the main Chinese neighborhood (Bellaire Blvd area) run by people from there. Most of their customers are Chinese, and the owners speak to them in perfect native Chinese. Several miles away (Long Point area) there is also a separate Korean neighborhood, with people from South Korea.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Any idea why ZJK was so pumped up after beating up Lin ? Is there some backstory to it ?

BTW, also saw that they are icing ZJK's left leg immediately after the match , if you watch the video till the end ...

Probably it is because of the controversial net serve by LGY in set 4 when they are leveled at 6:6. ZJK said it was net but umpire and LGY said no. ZJK was obviously affected and loss the next 4 points straight and the set.

Also ZJK called for medical treatment after narrowly winning set 3 and took a 5 minutes break to fix his left foot. I bet he just won't feel right losing to a new comer LGY at this stage so he had to give it all out and pump himself up even in such a bad condition.

ZJK said that he just can't keep up with FZD after losing the semi final and probably he won't feel as bad losing to the WR#2.

This is one match not to be missed with so many great shots and the side of ZJK we have not seen for so long. Hope there will be HD version of it later.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Probably it is because of the controversial net serve by LGY in set 4 when they are leveled at 6:6. ZJK said it was net but umpire and LGY said no. ZJK was obviously affected and loss the next 4 points straight and the set.

Also ZJK called for medical treatment after narrowly winning set 3 and took a 5 minutes break to fix his left foot. I bet he just won't feel right losing to a new comer LGY at this stage so he had to give it all out and pump himself up even in such a bad condition.

ZJK said that he just can't keep up with FZD after losing the semi final and probably he won't feel as bad losing to the WR#2.

This is one match not to be missed with so many great shots and the side of ZJK we have not seen for so long. Hope there will be HD version of it later.

Every thing you said was what I picked up watching the match. I think it was a point of pride that he can't lose to LGY yet. But against FZD, it was clear even looking at ZJK's face that he accepted that the amount of spin and power that FZD was generating was beyond his pay grade. I think for him, winning one game was enough for his current level of pride and that he will revisit the question if he can at WTTC.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
I hope ZJK plays like this one more time and goes deep in the draw in Dusseldorf. Been a big fan of him for long. Hope he goes out with a bang.

I dont think he will make a difference, its really disappointing to see the best performer ever to go out like this. Especially when he has admitted that he is afraid to move faster because of his injury. He should have taken a break in suzhou and not participate, I think his last chance was in rio. Now maybe he is playing out of pure ego and stubborness. If he cant move like did in the past then it is definitely all over. Even if he fully recovers its one month for dusseldorf, you dont peak at one month with such injuries, anyway Im still gonna keep a window open just in case he pulls it off.

Reactions: drunix80
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Now maybe he is playing out of pure ego and stubborness.

That's why we love ZJK, he doesn't give up. Sad that the new coach won't give him as many chances as LGL did. He said that they aren't familiar to each other, so he can only decide based on his performance. Which isn't that good.

What do you think, if he would participate in the Trials (not Marvellous 12) with his injuries like now against Oshima, which place would he take? I think he would end at the fourth or fifth place (including Ma Long).

Reactions: TTFrenzy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
That's why we love ZJK, he doesn't give up. Sad that the new coach won't give him as many chances as LGL did. He said that they aren't familiar to each other, so he can only decide based on his performance. Which isn't that good.

What do you think, if he would participate in the Trials (not Marvellous 12) with his injuries like now against Oshima, which place would he take? I think he would end at the fourth or fifth place (including Ma Long).

Yeah but I dont think that this means is that ZJK is finished, its just that he does not know the guy very well and he could only co-operate with him based on his performance , he is clearly saying "I dont know how to handle him psychologically, but only evaluate his game"

You mean the 1st stage trials? Well he was excluded in the first place being a grand slam champion but I dont think he could do well. You can see that every youngster plays his heart out when facing ZJK or ML. What is clear for me is that his performance definitely depends a lot on his psychology of the day, the last time we saw an "unhindered" ZJK was against apollonia in qatar, he moved really fast like in the past but since then his performance is mostly solid & safe play not the ZJK we admired. So maybe there is a small chance for us to see him playing 100% again