Best short push tutorial bar none

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
It's all heavy sidetopspin which is the hardest to short push. Sideunderspin or underspin is easy to push short.

The video teaches the essential mechanics of how to short push everything. Racket angles and force direction can be easily managed once the basics are there.
I have troubles pushing short exactly these back- and sidebackspin reverse pendulum serves into forehand. In the sense that they really remain short and not chiquitable. Top- and sidespin reverse serves I can more or less reliably flick, topspin pendulum is easy to push short, whereas backspin ball really goes either into the net or half long, presenting itself for an attack.

Now that I think about it, I should probably do something opposite to what FB teaches in the video: hitting the ball on the side and slightly upwards. But it'd be nice to have a proper advice here.

This user has no status.
I have troubles pushing short exactly these back- and sidebackspin reverse pendulum serves into forehand. In the sense that they really remain short and not chiquitable. Top- and sidespin reverse serves I can more or less reliably flick, topspin pendulum is easy to push short, whereas backspin ball really goes either into the net or half long, presenting itself for an attack.

Now that I think about it, I should probably do something opposite to what FB teaches in the video: hitting the ball on the side and slightly upwards. But it'd be nice to have a proper advice here.
Easiest would be just push using BH. Or like what you said just use FH short push and go towards the right but with a more open racket and a bit of lifting.

Reactions: Choosikick